By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1UP Review of Skate: Tony Hawk Killer Confirmed

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3162727

Anyone interested? 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Tony Hawk has gotten stale, yet somehow EA is the company to produce something innovative

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Tony Hawk is officially dead.

I don't know if Skate will the be the end-all of skateboard games, but it's definitely refreshing. My friend's buying it, and I would if I had a 360...I'll be playing it often.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Before anyone buys this game they should check out the review at Gametrailers, it shows alot of what the game is all about.

My predictions of 165k first week may come to fruition...

Sounds wonderful. I actually feel tempted to buy it, although I haven't played a skating game since Tony Hawk 3. Good thing it's on the PS3 too.

Around the Network

I liked the demo. Haven't tried Tony since I never enjoyed it and figured it would be about the same. Coming out early should help Skate got an early lead though tony is coming out with a demo of guitar hero 3. Another head to head matchup to look forward to. In terms of reviews so far so good.

I'm just glad this doesn't have significant differences between the 2 versions.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I've heard the PS3 analog isn't as suitable to your little skater. It'll be good either way though.

Might pick this up.

The funny thing is that I downloaded the TH demo and I immediately knew all of the moves despite not having played a TH game since THPS2. So, TH is better for a familiar quick play, but Skate is the game I'm more interested in because of the new control scheme and more realistic feel.