By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Outlawauron's Final Fantasy XIII Demo Impressions

axumblade said:
outlawauron said:
axumblade said:
makingmusic476 said:
My copy should be arriving next week. =)

Thoguh I'm still not quite sure why I ordered it. >_>

Demon's Souls should be arriving soon too!

Either you got caught up in the hype or the opportunity. Either reason works well. :p

I don't think I helped. He asked me to convince to not get it, and I convinced to get it.

That's proof that he wanted it in the first place. If he really wanted to be convinced not to get it, he would have probably gone to someone like twesterm. (I think he said he doesn't like FF).

Yeah, not sure why he would go to me as I love Final Fantasy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I'm going to Import as soon as I get a 100 bucks

It only cost me $80 with shipping.

Really where did you get from? I'm in Canada and with the currency conversion+shipping (FedEx) its running me about $95.00 from Play-Asia

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
outlawauron said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I'm going to Import as soon as I get a 100 bucks

It only cost me $80 with shipping.

Really where did you get from? I'm in Canada and with the currency conversion+shipping (FedEx) its running me about $95.00 from Play-Asia

Nevermind! I'm not Canadian.

Battle system sounds fun.

I'm in then.

Kasz216 said:
Battle system sounds fun.

I'm in then.

It definitely is a lot of fun to play.

Around the Network
Pharaoh said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pharaoh said:
I loved the gambits in 12, couldn't have beat Yiazmat without them. Everyone who didn't like them, could just elect not use them. I don't get why people didn't realize that.

I like to choose what every one of my characters does in combat that's why gambits irrated me. I knew how to use them perfectly to the point that I was feeling like I was walking my party from one automated fight to the other.

Yeah, but you could just not use them problem solved right?  I enjoyed gambits, because like I said I couldn't sit through 7 hours of fighting Yiazmat and select each and every action.  Did you beat Yiazmat or hell wyrm?  Honestly tell me if you could have sat there and NOT used gambits for those fights.

The battle system was built around gambits so not using them was not really an option. I didn't get all summons so I don't think I fought Yiazmat but I'm pretty sure that if the fight lasted 7 hours, you were doing something wrong.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Pharaoh said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Pharaoh said:
I loved the gambits in 12, couldn't have beat Yiazmat without them. Everyone who didn't like them, could just elect not use them. I don't get why people didn't realize that.

I like to choose what every one of my characters does in combat that's why gambits irrated me. I knew how to use them perfectly to the point that I was feeling like I was walking my party from one automated fight to the other.

Yeah, but you could just not use them problem solved right?  I enjoyed gambits, because like I said I couldn't sit through 7 hours of fighting Yiazmat and select each and every action.  Did you beat Yiazmat or hell wyrm?  Honestly tell me if you could have sat there and NOT used gambits for those fights.

The battle system was built around gambits so not using them was not really an option. I didn't get all summons so I don't think I fought Yiazmat but I'm pretty sure that if the fight lasted 7 hours, you were doing something wrong.

No, Square has a thing for really long boss battles.

http://kotaku.com/5036371/final-fantasy-xi-boss-takes-at-least-18-hours-to-beat

outlawauron said:
TruckOSaurus said:

No, Square has a thing for really long boss battles.

http://kotaku.com/5036371/final-fantasy-xi-boss-takes-at-least-18-hours-to-beat

Yeah I just read up on it but I'm kinda derailed your thread so I'm going to say:

FFXIII's battle system sounds great to me from the demo impression and if like you said you'll get more control over your party in the final version I'm even more happy.

Signature goes here!

^ You said it perfectly. The bottom line is we want more control over the characters

Sounds nice.

4 ≈ One