By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 DVD data limit is 6.8 GB

Squilliam said:
I seriously doubt that MikeB will ever be taken seriously here again.

"Message to all VGChartz members. When reading posts made by MikeB, please understand that he has a vested interest in Sony corporation, and has been in talks with Sony in an attempt to get the Amiga OS onto the Playstation hardware. He makes his misinformation to try and deceive you into favoring the PS3 over the 360. He is as biased as they come, because he and his personal company, Fun Computing, share a possibility to be quite profitable if Sony grows in marketshare. He was banned at Neogaf for doing these same deceiving tactics, and practices them currently on other forums as well."

I think its over.

Wait.. wait.. so there was a time we took him serious here on VGChartz?? Really??

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Ausfalcon said:
slowmo said:
I think you're being a little harsh guys, MikeB has at least made some concession that his speed averages he's previously posted were wrong and the 360 does not read DL disks at 8x as he previously thought.

I applaud you MikeB for making this small concession at least. If you want people to value any technical input you have it's always wise to back down from a stance if it is indeed wrong as the speed debate was. Well done and you've at least gained some respect in my eyes for it.

Any concession is a step in the right direction.  And I applaud you for being an optimist and for trying to encourage correct behavior through kind words.  But that said Mike's bad history is tremendously long and as recently as a few posts ago he was saying another member lacked intelligence.  By the same token (and probably beyond that)  I'd say its unfair to call others "harsh".

I did say a "little" harsh which to me wasn't supposed to sound like absolutely uncalled for.  As you say it was more of lets not be quite so pessimistic if we can.  When I consider all the directed responses in this thread towards MikeB and his history it would have been quite some effort to make any concession to people who he might feel dislike him.  I'm not saying a leopard can change his spots but I do make a point of not judging people by the experiences of others, neither will I blindly follow what anyone on here says without questioning things I feel are wrong.  Perhaps MikeB will do as many of you have seen before but until then I'll try and stay optimistic (but not naive).

NiKKoM said:
Squilliam said:

"Message to all VGChartz members. When reading posts made by MikeB, please understand that he has a vested interest in Sony corporation, and has been in talks with Sony in an attempt to get the Amiga OS onto the Playstation hardware. He makes his misinformation to try and deceive you into favoring the PS3 over the 360. He is as biased as they come, because he and his personal company, Fun Computing, share a possibility to be quite profitable if Sony grows in marketshare. He was banned at Neogaf for doing these same deceiving tactics, and practices them currently on other forums as well."

I think its over.

Wait.. wait.. so there was a time we took him serious here on VGChartz?? Really??

Its moving into the realm of generally accepted..

Tease.

slowmo said:

his history it would have been quite some effort to make any concession to people who he might feel dislike him.  I'm not saying a leopard can change his spots but I do make a point of not judging people by the experiences of others, neither will I blindly follow what anyone on here says without questioning things I feel are wrong.  Perhaps MikeB will do as many of you have seen before but until then I'll try and stay optimistic (but not naive).

But part of being an adult and a gentleman in general is to concede when you are proven wrong, whether you like or dislike those you are having a conversation with.  The fact that its such an effort for him speaks to part of the root of the whole problem of how he presents himself anywhere (it seems) that he goes on the internet.

Just about any person  can change if they have enough desire, fortitude, and time to do it.  One thing I have not figured out about Mike is this.  Is he sitting at his computer getting off on being like this in some peverted way or does he actually constantly twist his mind into believing what he writes.  If he is the first thing he has a chance, if he is the second probably not.

* just a note to all on my mentioning part of "being an adult".  If you look at the pictures Mike has of himself in his profile, he is not some young kid.  Thats worth mentioning as well because there are some kids on this board whose opinions he is trying to manipulate.  And thats just slimy in my book.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

Squilliam said:

I think its over.

Boom, headshot.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

hahahahahaha

I'm so happy.

MikeB has been unmasked for the time wasting member he really is.

Finally!!!!!

This thread should be stickied...lol

I'd be curious to hear what the mods have to make of MikeB after all this?

We'd need a new thread title though if it got stickied.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

Ausfalcon said:

We'd need a new thread title though if it got stickied.

I'd give everyone permission to copy my signature and spread the word for the community's well being, but I have a feeling the mods may take it unkindly and see MikeB as the victim if we all started making a public display of him.  I don't want MikeB to appear to be the victim here, so I shall take on this battle alone.

Wrong thread...

Tease.