By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Games Bundled With Wii Motion Plus

What a great move on Nintendo part...
---------------------------------------------------------------

A number of EA’s upcoming sports title will be bundled with the new Wii MotionPlus peripheral at launch.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis will both come with Wii MotionPlus at launch in Europe, and will each retail for £49.99.

In North America, the new Tiger Woods game will be bundled with the peripheral.

Both EA titles are set to release in mid-June in the US, shortly after Wii MotionPlus debuts on June 8, while firm European launch dates for the games haven't been announced.

According to retailer listings, Virtua Tennis 2009 will launch on June 2 in the States, which will make it the first title to support the peripheral on its release.

Nintendo's first game to support MotionPlus, Wii Sports Resort, isn't launching until late July.

“This exclusive and limited-time offer is exciting news for sports fans who want to enhance their Wii experience for a great value with the new Wii MotionPlus right at launch with both Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis,” said Peter Moore, president of EA Sports.

“The functionality of the Wii MotionPlus will help us deliver the authentic, true-to-life sports motion that will redefine the sports experience on the Wii.”

Additionally, EA Sports noted that it has at least five products in development that will launch before the end of 2009 designed specifically for Wii.

Source

Around the Network

What's the price f a normal Wii game?

Also, cool

$49.99 USD is normal price for a new Wii game.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

So you essentially get WM+ for free then. That's a great deal.

Great move by EA, this should drive sales.

Around the Network

Wow free M+ with my Grand Slam Tennis! me likey! That means I'll have 2 M+ units when I pick up GST and WSR and I don't have drop anything on extras!

Well done Nintendo!

Its more then normal price Wii game here, they usually around 29.99 and 39.99 (depending on a shop or a title)

Australian prices always start out at $79.95 or lower even when the RRP is $100 so I wouldn't worry about that, these will just be suggested or reccommended retail prices, retailers will set their prices accordingl

I expect it'll be an extra $10 for WM+ packed in but that's cheaper than $20 seperate.

I'll definately getting TW '10 and actually I'm happy it's not packed into Grand Slam in NA because now cost won't factor into my (or anyones) decision on if I should get that or Virtua Tennis.

So apparently the pricing is gonna be different according to the kotaku article, based on the hike in the European prices.