By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the 360 will ultimately succumb to the ps3...

yea i had problem with my PS2's aswell :(

Dont like them will never buy another PS2 cant trust the damn Drive goes out. but that is that and the ps3 is another story

Hill Till We Die    -Don 2001

I Own a WII, 64 and SNES, Most Sega systems

I Own A Xbox and Xbox 360

I am Still MAD at Sony for 3 dead PS2's with Disk Read Error's, And proud Owner of a PSX that Plays Games While Upside Down and a PS3 Slim.

FANBOY That Haiters

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/550493466.png[/IMG][/URL]

Around the Network

I'm assuming that Microsoft will announce some more games this holiday season and in the springtime, they're just waiting to make the impact even great when they do.

And if Sony comes out with a $399 Console, you can be sure that the Microsoft will drop the Elite down to $399 too, with Premimum perhaps at $299, it'd be incredibly competitive and I think that the 360 would win out.

That said I doubt it happens Sony would be bleeding cash still.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

makingmusic476 said:

Come to think of it, I do remember paying $90 for Goldeney when it came out.

But still, BD-roms cost ~40 cents a piece.   That's negligible to developers.

It's not nearly the price of CD vs. cartridges, but I wouldn't call it negligible.

If Gears of War had been on Blu-ray, Epic would be out over $1.5 million right now. It adds up.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

goddog said:
@ hus

well if you do want to bring up awful hardware quality, thats the ps2, i had 4 of them, 3 covered by warranty, the first one was not.

the original xbox, 2, my brother knocked over a burning wax candle onto the first one.

nes 1, at the end of the nes’s life i had to cram shit in it to keep the cartridge down

snes 2 , first one just stopped working, second one takes a few on offs to get working

ps1 2 , driver burned out while playing FF VII

n64 1, no problems ever

360 1, though i may take the first one in and change it out for the new model with the no questions asked warranty i have

so id say yea, sony has had crappy hardware, i played far more on my xbox than ps2, but the ps2s died every year hence me only owning 6 games for it ever, vs 29 for the xbox, original ps i had round 24

Same here.  I've had my n64 since launch.  Nintendo always has the most reliable hardware.

goddog said:
@ hus

well if you do want to bring up awful hardware quality, thats the ps2, i had 4 of them, 3 covered by warranty, the first one was not.

the original xbox, 2, my brother knocked over a burning wax candle onto the first one.

nes 1, at the end of the nes’s life i had to cram shit in it to keep the cartridge down

snes 2 , first one just stopped working, second one takes a few on offs to get working

n64 1, no problems ever

360 1, though i may take the first one in and change it out for the new model with the no questions asked warranty i have

so id say yea, sony has had crappy hardware, i played far more on my xbox than ps2, but the ps2s died every year hence me only owning 6 games for it ever, vs 29 for the xbox, original ps i had round 24

That may be your experience, but I never had a problem with my launch PS2.  Didn't have any issues with any of the consoles I've owned.  Like the Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, SNES, PS1, xbox.  The only one I've had an issue with is when last month my 360 RRoD on me.   You may have had bad luck, or you were a bit hard on them.   Anyways, I can't say a bad thing about the Sony systems in my experience as they have worked well from day 1.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
makingmusic476 said:

Come to think of it, I do remember paying $90 for Goldeney when it came out.

But still, BD-roms cost ~40 cents a piece. That's negligible to developers.

It's not nearly the price of CD vs. cartridges, but I wouldn't call it negligible.

If Gears of War had been on Blu-ray, Epic would be out over $1.5 million right now. It adds up.

Very true. DVDs cost around 11 cents a piece in large runs, so the difference is a little under 30 cents, so around 1.3 mil. sound about right.

And like I said, I'm sure the price of BD-roms have gone down since the beginning of the year, much like everything else that has to do with Blu-Ray, so the difference would be even less.

Also, It would be MS that's out of 1.5 mil. They are the one's that published Gears, and they paid to actually make the physical games.

@neo ratt
edt:I forgot about GT5 lol
You tried me so here it goes:

GT5Infamous,Tekken6,Yakuza 3,MGS4,FFXIII,FFVXIII,Killzone 2, Socom, Little big planet, L.A Noire,AFRIKA,Monster hunter 3,Eight days,Jak and daxter,Red wood falls, Heavey rain,Loco roco,Motorstorm 2,,The agency,White knight story,EYE dentify,EYE create,Ember,Drangoballz(working title), Naruto(working title) etc..

Saints row 2 is confirmed for the ps3 as well, there are more just that they havent been announced yet.

mM
makingmusic476 said:

Also, It would be MS that's out of 1.5 mil. They are the one's that published Gears, and they paid to actually make the physical games.

Ah, right. Slipped my mind that MS published the game and therefore sprung for printing costs. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Nice thread...but only time will tell :D  Sure hope ps3 wins, since to me, it's the console with the most potential...but that's just my opinion :)

jjseth said:
goddog said:
@ hus

n64 1, no problems ever

That may be your experience, but I never had a problem with my launch PS2. Didn't have any issues with any of the consoles I've owned. Like the Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, SNES, PS1, xbox. The only one I've had an issue with is when last month my 360 RRoD on me. You may have had bad luck, or you were a bit hard on them. Anyways, I can't say a bad thing about the Sony systems in my experience as they have worked well from day 1.

I got the DRE one my first ps2, but that was 3 years after I bought it.  I got it reparied easily enough.  The only other console I've had problems with was the NES, blowing in the cartridges.