By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is not a demo!!

sega4life said:

GT5p IS NOT a DEMO

It's a BETA !

Selling 3 million copies means shit, other then the fact that 3 million (blank blanks) bought a Demo, including myself... because of hype..

good thing I got it for $19.99.. makes me feel a little better..Something told me not to open the beta and return it, but I didn't...

It's a typical PS3 exclusive hyped up beyond comprehension, jaggy edges, textures flicking off vehicles, especially in replay mode, not fully tweaked driving system, very little tracks (mirrored), not to mention not to many people play needs major work...

lol, I see what you did thar.

Around the Network
sega4life said:

GT5p IS NOT a DEMO

It's a BETA !

Selling 3 million copies means shit, other then the fact that 3 million (blank blanks) bought a Demo, including myself... because of hype..

good thing I got it for $19.99.. makes me feel a little better..Something told me not to open the beta and return it, but I didn't...

It's a typical PS3 exclusive hyped up beyond comprehension, jaggy edges, textures flicking off vehicles, especially in replay mode, not fully tweaked driving system, very little tracks (mirrored), not to mention not to many people play needs major work...

LOL at the graphical description. Sarcasm is heavy in this post, young one.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Its not a demo its a Prologue :p

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

He also spelled their wrong.

Keep in mind that Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is also not a big truck, and could in fact very well be a series of tubes.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

I don't get how people can honestly say that Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is a demo!!!

It has seventy-some cars.

12 tracks

online play

Its was $40 (now $30)

And i'm probably forgeting a few features.

For the price and all that you get with the game i don't know how anyone could consider this to be even remotly a demo.  Games like Grid and such have about as many features as Prologue.

Discuss.

Put your learning caps on people cos I'm only going to say this once... Every month when this sort of thing is brough up.

A demo (short for demonstration) is used to demonstrate what an end product will be. The definition of demo, surprisingly enough, makes not mention of number of cars or tracks, nor of price, or online capabilities.

The end product, GT5, is being demonstrated in GT5:prologue, which is therefore a demo.

I think parasitic said it best

Actually, I just read Sega4life's post and he has a point. Whilst the term demo is certainly applicable, perhaps the term beta fits better.

sega4life said:

GT5p IS NOT a DEMO

It's a BETA !

wierd, that's not what you said here..

http://digg.com/playstation/Gran_Turismo_5_getting_better_graphics_than_what_we_ve_seen

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

scottie said:
yo_john117 said:

I don't get how people can honestly say that Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is a demo!!!

It has seventy-some cars.

12 tracks

online play

Its was $40 (now $30)

And i'm probably forgeting a few features.

For the price and all that you get with the game i don't know how anyone could consider this to be even remotly a demo.  Games like Grid and such have about as many features as Prologue.

Discuss.

Put your learning caps on people cos I'm only going to say this once... Every month when this sort of thing is brough up.

A demo (short for demonstration) is used to demonstrate what an end product will be. The definition of demo, surprisingly enough, makes not mention of number of cars or tracks, nor of price, or online capabilities.

The end product, GT5, is being demonstrated in GT5:prologue, which is therefore a demo.

I think parasitic said it best

Actually, I just read Sega4life's post and he has a point. Whilst the term demo is certainly applicable, perhaps the term beta fits better.

Idk i guess i just can't see this game as being claimed as a demo..