By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii is doomed...So what?

Everyone gets so uptight when an article about the Wii falling is released. All you people are doing is eating out of the hands of the writer.

There is no reason to worry though. Say tommorrow the wii sales drop off to zero. No one wants it anymore. People avoid it like the plague. Will you still play your wii? Will it be any less of a console? Will the wii be a failure? Will it confirm that the wii is a fad?

Those are serious questions you need to ask yourself. If wii sales are the determing factor on why you buy and play games on a system then you seriously need to rethink your gamer status.

If you believe the wii is a failure if it suddenly drops off, consider that gamecube sold less than half of what the wii did and was still profitable to Nintendo.

So what if people think the wii is a fad? Does that make you any less of a person for following a fad? Lots of people got into pogs, yo yos, yugioh, and bell bottom pants. I guess that makes them mindless sheep who need to be locked up immediately for being mentally unstable. Also just because something is a fad doesn't make it any less fun.

What I am trying to say is that even if the wii is doomed it won't fail. The wii has sold almost 50 million units. It has some of the best selling games this generation. It has expanded the market. Not to mention the wii has some great games. The wii has over doubled the gamecube sales, it makes a profit on each sale, and even if the wii does stop selling it would take years for the 360 and PS3 to catch up. So relax, enjoy brawl, and stop worrying about all the "Wii are doomed" articles.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Around the Network

somone has some sense

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'll take the liberty to answer al your question:-

-Will you still play your wii? no

-Will it be any less of a console? Yes

-Will the wii be a failure?
if it sales drop, and it gets surpassed by its competition, then yes.

-Will it confirm that the wii is a fad?
if it sales just drop out of the blue, and Nintendo are not able to bring them back up, then yes.

-So what if people think the wii is a fad?
it depends on which people, if it's the consumer, then nothing, if it's developers, then it simply means less quality games on the wii.

-Does that make you any less of a person for following a fad?
Yes, if you buy one because of the fad, however no if you bought a games console for the games you like which are on it.

Wii sales are up 18% worldwide for 2009.

Wii sales are up 43% in America for 2009.

All the doomed articles are looking at Japan only, or March NPDs, which are down because of SSBB release last march.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:

All the doomed articles are looking at Japan only, or March NPDs, which are down because of SSBB release last march.

I still think that Wii has a chance to go back up in Japan once it ends its slump.

Forget it guys, it's all over. The Wii is no more. Sony wins this gen it appears (remember the X360 lacks longevity so they are out too)

I guess I'll have to go burn all my old games now.

A bad month or 2 and people declare a product "DOOMED".... I find that silly.

4 ≈ One

WiiStation360 said:

Time to add "Spring 2009: Wii is doomed!" to your sig

Dgc1808 said:
A bad month or 2 and people declare a product "DOOMED".... I find that silly.

Indeed.  And besides, we don't know what Nintendo has up its sleeves.  They said they were going to combat the sinking sales, and I have faith that they can.