By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Little King's Story thread of pure joy and awesome

Glad you guys are getting a kick out of it. For all its flaws, I love this game so much...

Around the Network

Got some shipment figures from MMV for this game:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18551011&postcount=26

Little King's Story:
JP = 26,000
EU = 67,000
NA = 37,000
Total = 130,000

Looks like this site is way overtracking it in N.A.

^^ That's sad man, the game deserves more sales.

On another note....are there different endings for this game???

Marvelous original sales expectations from 2008 were JP 45k, NA 120k , EU 124k. Pretty awful results, especially in America... I think Marvelous needs to drop XSEED and get a new partnership going with either Ignition or Atlus.

blunty51 said:
^^ That's sad man, the game deserves more sales.

On another note....are there different endings for this game???

Not really. There's a single still image that you get for beating Tyrant Mode, but otherwise it's identical to the original ending. I'm not surprised.

jarrod said:
Marvelous original sales expectations from 2008 were JP 45k, NA 120k , EU 124k. Pretty awful results, especially in America... I think Marvelous needs to drop XSEED and get a new partnership going with either Ignition or Atlus.

Yeah, they've got about half of what the expected in Japan and the EU, and a quarter in N.A. I think it's fair to say it bombed. Plus, only one of their Wii games made a profit in the past three quarters, and I'm confident it wasn't LKS.

Around the Network

Well I just owned the second and third kings. I really liked the unique style of beating the third one (the fat one who eats the sweets). Now I'm kinda stuck in limbo for awhile though, since I really don't think I'm ready for the fourth king and I've done so many of the side quests already I've earned enough money to buy every upgrade available to me thus far. Anyone know how far along you go before you get the miners? I keep running into those damn boulders everywhere blocking my way.

Metallicube said:
Well I just owned the second and third kings. I really liked the unique style of beating the third one (the fat one who eats the sweets). Now I'm kinda stuck in limbo for awhile though, since I really don't think I'm ready for the fourth king and I've done so many of the side quests already I've earned enough money to buy every upgrade available to me thus far. Anyone know how far along you go before you get the miners? I keep running into those damn boulders everywhere blocking my way.

Instead of going straight for the main kings, have another look in your previously opened messages for missions with lots of stars next to them. Some of those will say "this looks like it's a guardian". You need to beat the guardians to expand your kingdom and get new buildings, so if you haven't got miners yet it'll be because you haven't beaten a guardian that you should be able to (the guardian for the miners' area is the spinny knight, I believe...)

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

JUG said:
Metallicube said:

Instead of going straight for the main kings, have another look in your previously opened messages for missions with lots of stars next to them. Some of those will say "this looks like it's a guardian". You need to beat the guardians to expand your kingdom and get new buildings, so if you haven't got miners yet it'll be because you haven't beaten a guardian that you should be able to (the guardian for the miners' area is the spinny knight, I believe...)

Ah well that would explain it.. I've kinda been wussing out and only tackling the 1-2 star quests, and an occasional 3 star. Haven't seen any 4s lately though, hopefully more will show up...

There should be a one-star mission called God Paper already available to you. If you can survive that fight, you can take on any 5-star mission and survive. Courage!

Oh, and bring a small crew for the next two Guardians. Bigger isn't better in their cases.

Yeah I think I saw that mission, haven't worked on it yet though. I got a few other random quests going on atm, trying to save up some cash and beef up my new lands further.

Man I really should have started manning up and plowing through those guardians earlier . I didn't realize how much I was restricting myself in the game by ignoring the 4 star missions. It's nice to finally have my kingdom above 30 people heh, plus I got some sick buffs for my soldiers and just got the harden soldiers.. The sky's the limit now!