By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie 3

Forget Banjo Threeie Rare, give us Killer Instinct 3! UUUULTRAAAA COMBOOOOO!

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Around the Network

Looking back on it, the original wasn't that great. It was a platformer that tried a little too hard to be Mario 64 (honestly, go back and play it, it has the pictures and everything). A game like that would have been lost in the shuffle if good games weren't so rare on the 64. And I cannot bring myself to believe that it's successor, which is coming a full generation after the first two, has any chance of being a success on a system with a library like the 360's.

Further more HD banjo scares the living crap out of me. Even if the game is good I'm just not going to want to look at him for how many ungodly hours of collecting musical notes and puzzle pieces, or whatever the hell else they want you to find.

nintendo_fanboy said:
Why did all the platformers disappear anyway? Back in the glorious N64 days, it looked like platformers were THE genre to make the step to the third dimension...

My guess? Mario64 owned, and inspired craploads of bad imitators unable to match Mario's success. Plus Sony kicked the whole "kiddie" thing into hyperdrive so developers gave up on the genre. As for BT3, I loooooved BK1, moreso than Mario, and the loss of that franchise is the only reason I mourned Rare's loss (I regret the duo will not be in SSBB). The final BK "game" level is among the most inspired things I've seen in a game. BK2 failed to deliver what BK1 promised, but was still the 3rd or 4th best 3D platformer of that generation. Given Rare's recent record I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll certainly give it a chance.

nintendo_fanboy said:
Why did all the platformers disappear anyway? Back in the glorious N64 days, it looked like platformers were THE genre to make the step to the third dimension...

My guess? Mario64 owned, and inspired craploads of bad imitators unable to match Mario's success. Plus Sony kicked the whole "kiddie" thing into hyperdrive so developers gave up on the genre. As for BT3, I loooooved BK1, moreso than Mario, and the loss of that franchise is the only reason I mourned Rare's loss (I regret the duo will not be in SSBB). The final BK "game" level is among the most inspired things I've seen in a game. BK2 failed to deliver what BK1 promised, but was still the 3rd or 4th best 3D platformer of that generation. Given Rare's recent record I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll certainly give it a chance.