By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Refill your 8-bit heart meters with matching proximity-aware shirts

Refill your 8-bit heart meters with matching proximity-aware shirts

Zoom
More Images

Proximity Based Geek Lovin'

The Ideal Valentine's Day Gift

Staying healthy is the key to keeping yourself alive. Video game characters know this all too well. When your red heart gauge reaches zero... you die. For non-bitmap humans like you this is more of a challenge. But luckily after extensive study at ThinkGeek labs we've determined that people feel best when they are in close proximity to something that they adore. Don't understand? Well luckily for you we've created this amazing 8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt to illustrate.

Buy one of these glowing shirts for yourself, and gift one to your significant other (boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, fembot 2000...). During your normal activities two and a half pixelated hearts will light up on your shirt. Hey... you're depressed and in need of a recharge. But get within hugging distance of your significant other wearing the matching shirt and suddenly the hearts on both of your shirts start to light up until you're fully powered up. Go too far astray from the source of your affections and you'll drop back down to two and a half hearts again. Got it?

Need an Extra Geek?
Amazing you say? But what if you haven't found a cute geek girl or boy to love? Never fear lonely geek! You can buy an 8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt and pick up a handy Transmitter Pack to go with it. Now place the transmitter pack near something you love like your Wii, Star Wars figure collection, or maybe in the backpack of that cute girl in chemistry class. When you get close to the transmitter pack then all the hearts on your shirt will light up. You've been revitalized!

8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt In Action

Product Features

• Glowing Animated T-Shirt Displays Your Remaining Life Energy
  • Buy as a Pair. When two shirts are within hugging distance all 6 hearts light up
  • Black 100% Cotton T-Shirt
  • Animated Decal is Removable (with hook and loop fasteners) for Easy Washing
  • Battery Pack is Concealed in a Small Pocket Sewn Inside the Shirt
  • Runs for hours off three AAA Batteries (not included)

Washing Instructions

1. Carefully peel animated decal from front of T-Shirt
  2. Unplug ribbon connector behind decal and remove decal
  3. Unplug battery pack and remove it
  4. You can leave the ribbon cable inside the shirt
  5. Machine wash gentle cycle on cold
  6. Hang to dry
    Please Note: If you plug the connector into the battery pack backwards the shirt will not animate properly. It will not damage the shirt. Simply reverse the connector.

Q. Dear ThinkGeek, I want to learn more about the 8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt. What can you tell me?
A. What do you want to know?

Q. Do I need to buy two shirts?
A. You need to buy at least two shirts or one shirt and a transmitter pack for the 8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt to function correctly.

Q. If I buy two mens shirts or two ladies shirts will they work together?
A. Yes. Any combination of shirts will light up to six hearts when they are close to each other.

Q. How does the 8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt tell if two shirts are close together?
A. Magic of course... and a little proximity based radio frequency transmission/detection thrown in for good measure.

Q. So the shirts will light up to six hearts when they are about 5 meters apart?
A. About. It's not an exact science since the orientation of your body and other objects in the room can affect the range.

Source: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a090/

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

This is so cool... I'm going to get this.

nordlead, you should get this for you and the mrs. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

as kewl as this "looks", i would never wear it outside in public, for two reasons. One, it has hearts on it, and two it frekin glows. Thats just asking for a butt whooping in some parts of town.

But i gotta hand it to the creators for the design, and i agree it would make a great gift for your girl friend.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

A butt whooping will probably make your hearts go down. Since you'll be getting your ass kicked, while your girlfriend/boyfriend runs away. Then when she/he visits you at the hospital, your life should go back up.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Awesome. Too bad I haven't got a girl to share with :x

Around the Network

I want to vomit.

They managed to pussify heart meters. What is this world coming to?

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

I've known about this shirt for about 1 year, and I've considered buying it. If someone wants to buy it for me I'll send you my shipping address

edit: thinkgeek has some really cool stuff, even though I have no reason to buy most of it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)