By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I think I knw how the FFXIII versus the 360's dvd's size can be fixed.

Dgc1808 said:
45+Gig install?????

NOOOOO!!!

Well, they have said that it was going to be compressed.  Maybe if they compress it by half that gets it down to a 23 gig install (but it most likely wouldn't be the same quality as the uncompressed PS3 version then).

Installing games like Last Remnant to your 360's harddrive is supposed to make them much more enjoyable.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
BTFeather55 said:

I think FFXIII 360 will mainly use the feature of the new 360 dashboard where you can store games to your 360's harddrive to compensate for the lack of space on the 360's dvds.  My question about this is would you let FFXIII take up 45 to 60 gigs on your 360's hard drive to play the game?

I really doubt it will be as big a problem as people say. Compression is a wondrous tool.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

BTFeather55 said:

I think FFXIII 360 will mainly use the feature of the new 360 dashboard where you can store games to your 360's harddrive to compensate for the lack of space on the 360's dvds.  My question about this is would you let FFXIII take up 45 to 60 gigs on your 360's hard drive to play the game?

1. Not all 360s have harddrives, in fact most don't.

2. To do a install that large you'd need multiple DVDs, why not just leave it on the discs?

Username2324 said:
BTFeather55 said:

1. Not all 360s have harddrives, in fact most don't.

2. To do a install that large you'd need multiple DVDs, why not just leave it on the discs?

If you install The Last Remnant to your harddrive it is supposed to play much better than from the discs according to Play Magazine, so I would assume the same would be true of FFXIII.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

S-E announced they are releasing a 6 disc changer to plug into the USB port of the 360 to solve any problems associated with multiple discs. When the game detects another disc is needed, it just swaps inside the disc changer.

Around the Network

if they go the star ocean 4 route ugh...

JaggedSac said:
S-E announced they are releasing a 6 disc changer to plug into the USB port of the 360 to solve any problems associated with multiple discs. When the game detects another disc is needed, it just swaps inside the disc changer.

I hadn't heard of that.  Well, that means the game is going to be 54 gig.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Jo21 said:
if they go the star ocean 4 route ugh...

What's The Star Ocean 4 route?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Am I completely missing the joke here or is everyone in this topic this severely misinformed?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

BTFeather55 said:

No way Microsoft will require let anyone require installs for any game, although it is used as an option if you want to cut down on load times.  I'm sure it's gonna be half the size on 360 as on PS3 and almost be exactly the same thing.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X