By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
blaydcor said:
leo-j said:
vlad321 said:
For the record. I have had Just Dance since like last year before the summer. Why did she explode all of the sudden now?

this is true, Ive known her since summer 08, and ive always said she would blow up.

also this is talent:

 

 

Eh, she's a slight cut above generic mainstream. Barely.

THIS is talent, btw. That's just an okay acoustic performance.

 

That's not really dance music...here is some good dance music:

 



We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

^^I didn't claim it was dance music...



Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

leo-j said:
RCTjunkie said:
The thing I'm concerned about is how fast she became popular. It seems that some (not all) stars that become famous that fast fizzle out in popularity almost as fast.

 

yep, I agree "leona lewis or w.e her name is" she had one album, two big hitters, have we heard about her? No.

 

The difference between that and lady gaga is the fact gaga doesnt care about money, or being rich, she only cares about fame and continously entertaining, her next album is due out this year.. and the fame came out late last year. Just goes to show you she isnt going anywhere. She's already said this, its interesting because at first I thought she was a unique artist, then I thought she was a drugged lunatic, and now I see that she has given up her entire life to pursue what she loves, and that is clear, to perform.

I started to sketch out a lengthy reply, but I'm just going to go with this



Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
leo-j said:
RCTjunkie said:
The thing I'm concerned about is how fast she became popular. It seems that some (not all) stars that become famous that fast fizzle out in popularity almost as fast.

 

yep, I agree "leona lewis or w.e her name is" she had one album, two big hitters, have we heard about her? No.

 

The difference between that and lady gaga is the fact gaga doesnt care about money, or being rich, she only cares about fame and continously entertaining, her next album is due out this year.. and the fame came out late last year. Just goes to show you she isnt going anywhere. She's already said this, its interesting because at first I thought she was a unique artist, then I thought she was a drugged lunatic, and now I see that she has given up her entire life to pursue what she loves, and that is clear, to perform.

I started to sketch out a lengthy reply, but I'm just going to go with this

Patrick Stewart is a Lady Gaga fan, did you know that?

 



The Ghost of RubangB said:
BTFeather55 said:
I just saw her video. She is hot. Reminds me more of a post-modern Debbie Harry. She also reminds me a bit of that lady in Goldfrapp.

I think you mean "modern" instead of "post-modern."

 

Yeah, probably, but I still think none of these younger starlets has ever equalled Debbie Harry

 

Hanging on the Telephone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVANp6Psd4

Dreaming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95AEzyWZX8I&feature=related

Atomic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwqYsoDqbCQ&feature=related

Heart of Glass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL9jPB4uReY&feature=related

 

Sunday Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obwanhb6kww&feature=related

Tide is High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK5n8E6jiDg&feature=related

Call Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAlIsSV2ehY

The Hardest Part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXxl4TfBkD4

Rapture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPikUPlRD8&feature=related

 

And Phoebe Legere is the only one that I think has ever really come close

Mariln Monroe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-v-RErnw2w



Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
blaydcor said:
leo-j said:
vlad321 said:
For the record. I have had Just Dance since like last year before the summer. Why did she explode all of the sudden now?

this is true, Ive known her since summer 08, and ive always said she would blow up.

also this is talent:

 

 

Eh, she's a slight cut above generic mainstream. Barely.

THIS is talent, btw. That's just an okay acoustic performance.

 

That's not really dance music...here is some good dance music:

 

 

      I don't know man, I've watched a couple more of this Lady Gaga's videos and she's way sexier than Pink and as pretty as a pre-kids Xtina which is something no one could say about Imogen Heap unless they'd pounded about two barrels of Guiness down their necks.  The ability to be extremely attractive is its own talent.  Lady Gaga has a brickhouse body.  It looks like she could break a little waif like Hilary Duff in half.  I think she is prettier than Kylie and just as sexy in her own way.  Kylie is a legend though.

     But it was the song writing that really did the trick.  That stuff about Russian Roulette and how love can't be fun if it isn't rough, that's some good writing there.

     Lady Gaga has my permission to break my disco stick any day.



Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
BTFeather55 said:
I just saw her video. She is hot. Reminds me more of a post-modern Debbie Harry. She also reminds me a bit of that lady in Goldfrapp.

I think you mean "modern" instead of "post-modern."

 

Yeah, probably, but I still think none of these younger starlets has ever equalled Debbie Harry

 

Hanging on the Telephone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVANp6Psd4

Dreaming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95AEzyWZX8I&feature=related

Atomic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwqYsoDqbCQ&feature=related

Heart of Glass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL9jPB4uReY&feature=related

 

Sunday Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obwanhb6kww&feature=related

Tide is High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK5n8E6jiDg&feature=related

Call Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAlIsSV2ehY

The Hardest Part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXxl4TfBkD4

Rapture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPikUPlRD8&feature=related

 

And Phoebe Legere is the only one that I think has ever really come close

Mariln Monroe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-v-RErnw2w

Whoa, we finally have something in common.  I'm madly in love with Debbie Harry as well, and agree nobody has come close.  I was just pointing out the difference between modernism and post-modernism.  A post-modern Debbie Harry would explode my entire house.  I've kinda been waiting my whole life for that.

 



leo-j said:
RCTjunkie said:
The thing I'm concerned about is how fast she became popular. It seems that some (not all) stars that become famous that fast fizzle out in popularity almost as fast.

 

yep, I agree "leona lewis or w.e her name is" she had one album, two big hitters, have we heard about her? No.

 

The difference between that and lady gaga is the fact gaga doesnt care about money, or being rich, she only cares about fame and continously entertaining, her next album is due out this year.. and the fame came out late last year. Just goes to show you she isnt going anywhere. She's already said this, its interesting because at first I thought she was a unique artist, then I thought she was a drugged lunatic, and now I see that she has given up her entire life to pursue what she loves, and that is clear, to perform.

I'm a big Lady GaGa fan but she is in danger of over saturation. All 4 of her singles are on our charts in Australia and radio/tv play her stuff constantly, plus she's coming her again next month supporting those talentless scrubbers PussyCuntTrolls. I would imagine a lot of people would be buying tickets to see GaGa. Love Game is my favourite track on the album. The video is so 80's.

PS. I wish Beyonce would take a fucking break already! Can't Jay-Z knock her up or something?

 



Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

I like her album. It's mindless dance-pop and it's done well. I also love that music snobs can't stand that Poker Face has been the number 1 scrobble song for a month now.

As for the comparisons with Pink. I just don't see it. I never saw Pink as sexy, that's not what she's about. Pink is all about attitude and her songs are much more heartfelt.



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
I like her album. It's mindless dance-pop and it's done well. I also love that music snobs can't stand that Poker Face has been the number 1 scrobble song for a month now.

As for the comparisons with Pink. I just don't see it. I never saw Pink as sexy, that's not what she's about. Pink is all about attitude and her songs are much more heartfelt.

 

 Pink does have some videos where she tried to be sexy (whether intentionally or for satirical reasons).  Lady Gaga's voice reminds me of a mix of Aguilara and Pink.



Heavens to Murgatoids.