By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios = Dead of Metroid?

evidently jagui has found some sources...but I can't really say what they are.

Around the Network

In vidaextra there are comments saying prime 1 and 2 were a "overflying sheet" I have the image of  the comments but I can't pt it so, help.

And thanks for posting in my first thread.

Wii friend code:

0818 5910 1742 1599

i would like to see a 2d, platform style metroid again.

Okay, so I read the review at vidextra (what little I could since my Spanish isn't perfect yet); they definitely don't like Metroid. I see what you mean. But have no fear. In these parts we love Metroid. We love Retro. So basically, we agree with you.

Okay, so I read the review at vidextra (what little I could since my Spanish isn't perfect yet); they definitely don't like Metroid. I see what you mean. But have no fear. In these parts we love Metroid. We love Retro. So basically, we agree with you.

Yes, but try reading the first comments.

vizunary I also would like a 2d metroid for DS, NOT 3D!!!!

Wii friend code:

0818 5910 1742 1599

Around the Network

Hunters wasn't made my Retro if that's the point of this topic [I cannot really decide]. It was made by an American Studio NST and apparently aimed for the American demogrpahic - an FPS with the name 'Metroid' stamped on.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
superchunk said:
umm, Anyone who thinks retro ruined Metroid is just weird.

Tell that to rocketpig...

vizunary said:
Yes...a 2D Metroid with 3D models. They need to get rid of scanning. Am I the only one who doesn't like this part of the game?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
vizunary said:
Yes...a 2D Metroid with 3D models. They need to get rid of scanning. Am I the only one who doesn't like this part of the game?

exactly, but on the Wii, cause i'll never own a DS, i don't even play my PSP enough =( isn't a new donkey kong like that planned? similar to DK Country? @superchunk, if Retro is responsible for all the 3d Metroids, then i must be weird. i hated the first one so much i refused to give it another chance. i don't like fpses very much anyways.

Retro is repsonsable of prime series but not of hunters , they only help a bit but NST developed it.
If retro would developed it it maybe be a better game...

Wii friend code:

0818 5910 1742 1599