By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 16 (04/13/09 - 04/19/09)

It's working for me now on 100 pages.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Zuhyc it won't help some people have it setup for 100 posts per page :D
BTW I tried Opera and FF both are showing this thread badly.

Yes it does, this is post 103 :D

yeah so PS3 has apparently done 57k, looks like people in Japan are getting ready for Killzone 2 :P

So, now the thread is showing again, let me say this: Bloomin' 'ell, that's a lot more PS3s than I expected!

I don't usually comment on Japanese sales (I just casually observe), but this deserves a mention! Blimey! Almost up to 60K off the back of a demo! You can see why Sony were keen to secure exclusivity for FFXII in Japan. I can imagine Microsoft would be very keen to erode at that, seeing those awesome numbers.

Remember they said they finish PS3 version for Japan first and then start with X360/translation - amount of money to buy multiplatform release in Japan would be enormous then - DQ IX for DS and FF XIII carry most of hopes for great fiscal year 2009 results for SE.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Sony did very well keeping the game exclusive in Japan, by far the biggest region in terms of sales. PS3 will easily hit 100k the week of the games release, a price cut around the release of the game and maybe 150k.

Looks like the demo was carried in alot of movie stores. Complete stab in the dark on my part since I have no idea how large our marketshare for the demo is since I know about Japanese videogames stores...not movie stores

To give PS3 this kind of lift it definitely sold near 400k...

Next week is going to be interesting. Some people will probably still want the demo, but PS3 should fall off quite a bit as its ultimately only 30 minutes for $60.

Its probably about 50-50 now as to whether or not PS3 will outsell Wii over Golden Week, it probably will outsell Wii next week even with MHG and the MH3 demo.

MHG preorders suggest it can do 100,000+ on Wii first week, and at least 80,000. Wii hardware has very stubbornly stuck in the 14,000 to 20,000 range for months now though so I dont think Wii will rise as much as PS3 did for the demo, even though Wii is actually getting a full game.

PS3 could sell 40k the next three weeks with the demo drop off offset by Golden Week, and I figure Wii will get its MHG lift and then lift 30-50% above that level the next two weeks on Golden Week.

57k/40k/40k/40k

14k/32k/42k/40k

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Next week is going to be interesting. Some people will probably still want the demo, but PS3 should fall off quite a bit as its ultimately only 30 minutes for $60.

Its probably about 50-50 now as to whether or not PS3 will outsell Wii over Golden Week, it probably will outsell Wii next week even with MHG and the MH3 demo.

MHG preorders suggest it can do 100,000+ on Wii first week, and at least 80,000. Wii hardware has very stubbornly stuck in the 14,000 to 20,000 range for months now though so I dont think Wii will rise as much as PS3 did for the demo, even though Wii is actually getting a full game.

PS3 could sell 40k the next three weeks with the demo drop off offset by Golden Week, and I figure Wii will get its MHG lift and then lift 30-50% above that level the next two weeks on Golden Week.

57k/40k/40k/40k

14k/32k/42k/40k

Reasonable predictions. I think I'm gonna stick with these 

Go PS3!!! :)

I love to see PS3 beating the Wii, feels right, as nothing is being done to prevent it.

I believe next week PS3 > Wii and during Golden Week as well.

Can't wait to see the numbers. Impressive that PS3 is now above Wii in YTD sales at least according to MC, Wii is falling behind at a very fast rate and now that we know that MHG won't help much, what's gonna happen? WSR and M+ could manage to bump up sales, but the boost has to be questioned. Expecting big things HW wise from WSR is illogical at this point. MH3 will be the deciding factor and tell us if the Wii was indeed a fad in Japan or not.

I would bet that PS3 is going to stay above the Wii until WSR.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Go PSTriple!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!