By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think first/second party support will continue?

Kasz216 said:
vitoaf27 said:
regarding budgets of high-quality games, according to this, killzone 2 only costed GG $21mil to make. that means, according to VGC figures, and using your $15 profit on each game sold, that KZ2 has generated $19.5mil, nearly covering its production cost. if we assume that KZ2 will have strong legs[as it should], and continues to sell 50k a week, it should break even in 2 weeks. by the end of the year, KZ2 will have generated a large profit.

Problem is.  That is quoting an article that states it's OVER that... and never says how much over.

no, it says its AROUND 16mil euro[or whatever?], which equals out to about $21mil. im guessing its $21+/-$2mil with differences in currency rates and estimations.

Around the Network
vitoaf27 said:
Kasz216 said:
vitoaf27 said:
regarding budgets of high-quality games, according to this, killzone 2 only costed GG $21mil to make. that means, according to VGC figures, and using your $15 profit on each game sold, that KZ2 has generated $19.5mil, nearly covering its production cost. if we assume that KZ2 will have strong legs[as it should], and continues to sell 50k a week, it should break even in 2 weeks. by the end of the year, KZ2 will have generated a large profit.

Problem is.  That is quoting an article that states it's OVER that... and never says how much over.

no, it says its AROUND 16mil euro[or whatever?], which equals out to about $21mil. im guessing its $21+/-$2mil with differences in currency rates and estimations.

Read the source article.

"A video game more expensive than the most expensive film," the daily highlights the next-gen Killzone and its developer, Amsterdam-based and Sony-owned Guerilla Games. The piece's name comes from the fact that the game is costing more to develop than the priciest film in Dutch history, director Paul Verhoeven's World War II thriller Black Book (Zwartboek). While Black Book cost more than 16 million euros (approximately $21 million),

Guerilla won't mention specific numbers for Killzone's budget. "Our budget tops [the film]," said said Killzone director Arjan Brussee. "We're working on the biggest multimedia project in Dutch history."

That is all they say.  It tops the film.

They never state by how much.  All we know is that it cost more then 16 million euros.  Not counting advertising.

So.... I'm right.  Your wrong.

Kasz216 said:
vitoaf27 said:
Kasz216 said:
vitoaf27 said:

Read the source article.

"A video game more expensive than the most expensive film," the daily highlights the next-gen Killzone and its developer, Amsterdam-based and Sony-owned Guerilla Games. The piece's name comes from the fact that the game is costing more to develop than the priciest film in Dutch history, director Paul Verhoeven's World War II thriller Black Book (Zwartboek). While Black Book cost more than 16 million euros (approximately $21 million),

Guerilla won't mention specific numbers for Killzone's budget. "Our budget tops [the film]," said said Killzone director Arjan Brussee. "We're working on the biggest multimedia project in Dutch history."

That is all they say.  It tops the film.

They never state by how much.  All we know is that it cost more then 16 million euros.  Not counting advertising.

So.... I'm right.  Your wrong.

alright, i guess you got me there. i didnt investigate well enough. but either way, i stand by my arguement that KZ2 will have generated a large profit for sony by the end of the year.