By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Final Fantasy XIII Demo is 5.9GB

outlawauron said:
BTFeather55 said:
Arkk said:
Just because there was 5.9GB of additional space does not mean that the demo took up all of it...

Itagaki said back in '05 that to get the Dead or Alive 360 intro movie on the DVD 9 in a quality that would be suitable to him (in high def) that it would take up at least 2 gig of space on the DVD 9 which would only leave 7 gig of space available for the whole game and that was just for a short roughly two minute intro movie.

FFXIII is going to be compressed for the 360 version and it is still going to be on mutliple discs.

No, a 360 game disc can only use 7GB of data.

Well, then the video was going to take up 2 gig of space while the game was only going to get 5 gig, which to me would mean even further compression and multiple discs for the 360 version of FFXIII.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news040705itagaki

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

Mark my words. The PS3 will never have a game that ships with more than one BD this gen.

Sounds good, this makes the game more appealing if it has that much stuff on it.

Cactus said:
Mark my words. The PS3 will never have a game that ships with more than one BD this gen.

I agree, the cost of developing a game over 50GB in size would mean it had to be multiplatform, in which case they'd never make it bigger than 1 Bluray disk to start with.  Why give gamers so much in one package when you can make 2 games instead and gain more revenue for the cost.

I'm buying the PS3 version, barring any unseen surprises. But I must say this: I'm playing Lost Odyssey on the 360. I'm on disc 4, and it hasn't been a bother to me yet. In fact, I felt kind of proud every time I finished a disc. Multi discs isn't a problem at all.

And like I posted before, the demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was a whole Gig. The retail version of the game was much bigger than 7X the demo. Square-Enix knows what they're doing. Everything will be fine.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I'm buying the PS3 version, barring any unseen surprises. But I must say this: I'm playing Lost Odyssey on the 360. I'm on disc 4, and it hasn't been a bother to me yet. In fact, I felt kind of proud every time I finished a disc. Multi discs isn't a problem at all.

And like I posted before, the demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was a whole Gig. The retail version of the game was much bigger than 7X the demo. Square-Enix knows what they're doing. Everything will be fine.

No common sense allowed!!

Also, I agree with you about the sence of pride that comes with finishing a disc 

d21lewis said:

The demo (on XBLA) for most games is about 1.1GB.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I am willing to bet that when the demo lands on PSN it isn't going to be nearly 6 gigs.

Remember, publishers have to pay something like 16 cents for every gig downloaded. With all the money spent on this game, do you really think SE wants to spend nearly $1 for every person that downloads the demo?

twesterm said:

I am willing to bet that when the demo lands on PSN it isn't going to be nearly 6 gigs.

Remember, publishers have to pay something like 16 cents for every gig downloaded. With all the money spent on this game, do you really think SE wants to spend nearly $1 for every person that downloads the demo?

they are selling it with the money.

likely they are thought of that.

sadly not here it doesn't matter i am getting the japanese version ! =D

ruimartiniman said:

There has been a rumor flying around that the Final Fantasy XIII demo (the one that shipped in Japan with Final Fantasy: Advent Children Complete) was in fact 5.9GB. For those of you who are wondering why this is a big deal, think of it this way:

The demo was approximately 30-60 minutes long, and while Sony´s  Blu-Ray can hold up to ten times that, its competetor's media format can not. So what does this say for the Xbox 360's version? Who knows, but it seems as if the PlayStation 3 version will be the one to look for.

The Blu-Ray Disc holds 45.9GB of data on it. Final Fantasy: Advent Children Complete takes up about 30GB of that due to the fact that the video runs at 27.8MB/s and the audio tracks (one English, the other Japanese) both run at 1.9MB/s. Couple this with the trailers and excess data on the disc and it makes up about 40GB. So what fills the other 5.9GB of space? Why, the demo of course.

So the real question is, will the Xbox 360 version be of lesser quality than the PlayStation 3 version, or will the PS3 version be downgraded to match that of the 360s?

the ps3 will def not downgrade to match th3 360

it's so obvious 

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane