By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tiger Woods Wii ad

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/9908 My God. This game is going to be a killer app.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Yessir, I don't think EA could have made a better commercial for it. :D

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I hate golf, I have never been into this sport at all. I saw the commerical and felt they could have focused more on other areas rather than what they did.

I think it was a pretty good commercial

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: I think it was a pretty good commercial
I didn't like it, but I am hard to please and am very unhappy with the N right now. But I am still waiting for that ONE game that may change my mind. That happened with the GC, so it MAY happen with the wii..But I doubt it.

Around the Network

Death2009 said: I hate golf, I have never been into this sport at all. I saw the commerical and felt they could have focused more on other areas rather than what they did.
What other areas? They showed Tiger himself playing himself in the game, complete with his own swing. And instead of seeing the crowds and announcers in the game, you see them with the real Tiger himself. They're trying to advertise the IMMERSION of the game's controls, that's one of the Wii's big selling points. This ad really appeals more to the "casual" and "non-gamer" market, more specifically, GOLFERS. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

A very effective ad. To the point and it has freakin Tiger Woods in it. The game might be mediocre(it's still a port after all) but WTF, EA. WOW.

Death2009 said: I didn't like it, but I am hard to please and am very unhappy with the N right now. But I am still waiting for that ONE game that may change my mind. That happened with the GC, so it MAY happen with the wii..But I doubt it.
http://www.vgcharts.org/news/news.php?id=155

I've been fairly excited about this game, but I've also read some critic about the controlling system. We'll see how this turns out.

This is a great commercial. I don't think the game will actually be that good but that commercial alone will move it for sure.

I'd much rather pick up Super Swing, or have a fully-fleshed-out Wii Sports Golf (Mario Golf?), but for the real golf fan this is it.