By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 smashes Wii and PS3 in battle for gamer affections

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/04/16/xbox-360-smashes-wii-and-ps3-in-battle-for-gamer-affections/

Gamers would prefer to give up their Wii or lose a PS3 than kiss goodbye to their beloved Xbox 360, a new survey has shown.

It seems Microsoft’s winning the war for button-bashing hearts and minds, even with its continued struggle against the Red Ring of Death. And it’s no close call either. Read on for the stats.

The results of a survey of online shoppers carried out by review website Ciao show 7% of those questioned would keep their Xbox 360 if they had to choose one gadget above all others.

That pales in comparison to the 71% who said they couldn’t live without a laptop (we second that one), but the Xbox 360 comes in ahead of Nintendo Wii wanters at 5% and die hard PS3 fans at just 2%.

Around the Network

I agree with the results. Dont know how scientific the poll is though.

I'm still trying to figure out how a two percent difference is the 360 "smashing" the Wii.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I can't believe we are talking about single digit numbers.... 7%... 5% and 2%... >_

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I agree with Nikkom, it's ludicrous to draw conclusions when you have things like laptops hogging over 70% of the vote. Maybe laptop owners like laptops slightly more than their PSWiis, but a lot more than 360s

Around the Network

Absolutely smasheddddd by 2%.
How pathetic

well thats not me

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Too bad most people only have one console and they all have wii's.

kowenicki said:
7% is 40% more than 5%

7% is 250% more than 2%

But I agree.... the eventual underlying numbers will hardly be earth shattering unless they polled millions of people.

LOL. So, if you add them together, you get 290%! SMASHING!!

If there's any pole more scientific than an internet survey...