By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is ioi becoming biased against 360??

All along I thought I had ioi pegged. He's a wii fanboy first, with microsoft second. He doesn't like PS3. That's been my personal opinion of his preferences..

At least...that is what I thought all along. Just that in the last few weeks, he seems to be underestimating 360 sales a lot..and overestimating PS3 a lot..in Europe typically. For example, 360 was way higher in NPD than ioi in last month...

It has almost entered my head that ioi is beginning to be anti-360?

Also for example, the September 8 weekly, he has PS3 at ~54,000 and Xbox 360 at around 73,000..this seems way too high on PS3. I do not think PS3 is selling 2/3 of what 360 is right now..I just dont believe it.

Around the Network

I wonder if he counts when a used 360 is sold.

mM

Dude, he works with estimations, whenever he´s off he corrects his numbers, besides nobody´s perfect.

"I wonder if he counts when a used 360 is sold."

1. How would he track those ??? Watch eBay all day ???

2. How do you know more used 360 are going around than Wiis or PS3s ???

3. How does this change the total sales ??? 

@sharky

You cant believe the ps3 is selling good or atleast average? Its your opinion, but so far the sales indicate that the ps3 is selling extreemly well compared to 3 months ago. I believe that lair and warhawk have something to do with this??

mM

ioi seems pretty unbiased to me.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@sharky

You cant believe the ps3 is selling good or atleast average? Its your opinion, but so far the sales indicate that the ps3 is selling extreemly well compared to 3 months ago. I believe that lair and warhawk have something to do with this??

I have a hard time believing PS3 is selling just 20,000 less/week of 360 right now..two weeks before Halo 3 and right after a MS price drop?

We will see. NPD number for August will tell a lot. I happen to think it will be much higher for 360 than people think..while PS3 will slip some.

just because he is wrong doesn't mean he is biased.

Not that I would know...

Do you actually think he gets the figures from his sources... then sits down and "tweaks" them by hand before adding them to the database?

Why would he possibly want to do that? The accuracy of the figures on this website are the most important thing to him.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Also this site is providing estimates; for all we know NPD could be wrong; and as leo-j said PS3 is performing tremendously in the last month or so. And I agree with Shams; credibility is way more important to him than any fanboyism, if any.

I also believe that the ps3 sales are overstimated. With price cut+E3 hype the ps3 were selling around 40k and after a month the sales go up? No major game have been released. Warhawk and Lair has sold only around 100k and most people bought madden for 360.