By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eternal Sonata and Beautiful Katamari unconfirmed for the PS3

So has Ace Combat 6 been "leaked" for the PS3 at any point? Eternal Sonata is coming to the PS3, period. Famitsu confirms it. I would guess that Katamari is too cause of the website debacle, and to the Wii as well. Ace Combat 6 I am less sure about, but I still think it will come eventually.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Can Microsoft bring legal action or cancel certain contracts if Third party companies break street dates of PS3/wii titles if the game is a timed exclusive for the 360?

GranTurismo said:
Can Microsoft bring legal action or cancel certain contracts if Third party companies break street dates of PS3/wii titles if the game is a timed exclusive for the 360?

If there's a contract making it a timed exclusive, then absolutely.  If the third party decided to make it a timed exclusive without a contract (or recompense from MSoft) then not at all.

By getting these as timed exclusives, MS has guaranteed that I'll buy them on the 360 instead of the PS3 so their plan works (except Katamari, I'm not positive I'll get that).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
By getting these as timed exclusives, MS has guaranteed that I'll buy them on the 360 instead of the PS3 so their plan works (except Katamari, I'm not positive I'll get that).

Exactly my point. By the time 360 gets those games, Microsoft already got sales generated and the PS3 will have sucking sales. Also if MGS4 comes to the 360 it would be vice-versa where Sony would already had generated the most sales for that game over the 360.

Around the Network

http://kotaku.com/gaming/had-to-happen/bandai-namco-site-lists-eternal-sonata-for-ps3-298438.php

mM
akuma587 said:
So has Ace Combat 6 been "leaked" for the PS3 at any point? Eternal Sonata is coming to the PS3, period. Famitsu confirms it. I would guess that Katamari is too cause of the website debacle, and to the Wii as well. Ace Combat 6 I am less sure about, but I still think it will come eventually.

If an French Bandai/atari publisher says Ace Combat 6 comes to PS3 is that a good source or not?

Munkeh said:
Woooooohoooooooo, Ace Combat 6 confirmed at last. I've been worrying whether it is truly exclusive, but now I can finally be sure that I will be able to play it. What I want to know is whether this exclusive is due to longer PS3 development time, or Microsoft paying for it? However, it's still coming to PS3!

ummm.....where does it say that Ace Combat 6 is coming to PS3? the website only concerns ES and BK.....buy a 360 mate

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

W29 said:
ckmlb said:

Exactly my point. By the time 360 gets those games, Microsoft already got sales generated and the PS3 will have sucking sales. Also if MGS4 comes to the 360 it would be vice-versa where Sony would already had generated the most sales for that game over the 360.

Excuse me, but it seems to me that Trusty Bell sales were already sucky in Japan on XB360. They are < 70k IIRC.

Which is bad even for a JRPG. 

OK, it's not guaranted that the sales will be any better on PS3 in Japan, as it seems the game is bad, but we'll know that in 2008.