By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Manhunt 2 Preview - M vs AO differences.

IGN has a preview of Manhunt 2, and also talk about the differences made in the M version.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/819/819465p1.html

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Had a look. The changes seem fairly cosmetic, although the "blurring" of the kill animations do lessen the experience as a whole.

I don't know what to make of this game anymore. At some level it fascinates me, and at some level it disgusts me.

If I can get it for cheap, I may consider a purchase.

The sales battle between the PS2 version & Wii version will be one of the most interesting of the year.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Le shrug. I like S&M clubs as much as the next guy, but I don't like them to be filled with saw like torture and a man decapitating random club go-ers. So I think I'll pass on this title.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

It seems the changed are pretty subtle, and just to attain the M rating; anyways, glad to be able to play it finally (although I might be able to play the un-censored game here in Greece).

i'll definitively at least rent the PS2 version. i really liked the first one, in a serial killer kinda way ;)

Around the Network

I feel like I'm one of the few people who is going to genuinely stick up for the Manhunt name and Rockstar as a developer. It's titles like this which will push the boundaries for adult aimed entertainment, and yet at the same time movies such as Saw and Hostel fly through gloriously past all the ratings boards and not an eyebrow is raised.

Underneath all of the blood and guts, the original Manhunt was a genuinely enjoyable game with a challenge seen in old-shcool beat-em-up style games of years gone by, but no one ever seem to be bothered about it as a game, and in the end that IS all it is: a video game.

To me I just get the impression once more that my beloved passion is being used by the outside media as a scapegoat for everything that is wrong and shit in this world, the truth is though: this blind ignorance of what people actually want is what is wrong.

I don't blame Saw or Hostel or Manhunt for violence. I do think it is bad for kids to play or watch of course, though.

I don't really care about the game that much...Saw 1 and 2 were ok, but nothing that great in my opinion. It doesn't offend me that much, it's just not my thing...I assume that's true for a lot of people here.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Saw offended my intelligence. It made me violent in the "This is stupid and should be destroyed" way not the "Violence is fun" way.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

BenKenobi88 said:
I don't blame Saw or Hostel or Manhunt for violence. I do think it is bad for kids to play or watch of course, though.

I don't really care about the game that much...Saw 1 and 2 were ok, but nothing that great in my opinion. It doesn't offend me that much, it's just not my thing...I assume that's true for a lot of people here.

I can't believe they're making 3 more Saw movies. Yet, they are........

Yeah, I find the over-the-top violence this game promises to be more than a little off-putting. I like playing an edgy anti-hero as much as the next guy, but being a deranged serial murderer doesn't inspire sympathy with the main protagonist at all.

It's really too bad, because I love the stealth-action genre, and I don't see much else on the horizon for Wii which satisfies my desire to be a sneaky bastard. :(

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.