By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock sequel inbound, over one million demo downloads

FJ-Warez said:
rocketpig said:
On a more serious note, how awesome would BioShock 2 be if it was a prequel that takes place during New Year's Eve 1959?

We have a winner.

It makes the most sense for a few reasons:

1. It would fill in the gaps from the original game

2. It would allow for the exploration of an "untainted" Rapture

3. Mass chaos + mass confusion + civil war + Rapture = good times

4. It would avoid the "same ol', same ol'" syndrome of sequels

5. It's just a good freakin' idea... admit it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
FJ-Warez said:
rocketpig said:
On a more serious note, how awesome would BioShock 2 be if it was a prequel that takes place during New Year's Eve 1959?

We have a winner.

Awesome Idea. I think it would be awesome to have more interaction with the residents of Rapture

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

It would be cool if Rapture was a functioning city and BioShock 2 was more western RPG than FPS.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

rocketpig said:
FJ-Warez said:
rocketpig said:

We have a winner.

All bow to the mighty rocketpig!! That's a frickin awesome idea man!! I'd play it for sure (playing Bioshock now).

prequel is the only way to do it and even have a shot at being as good as the original imo.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Honestly, the game is perfect as a stand alone. It doesn't need a cheesy sequel to ruin it. The series is fine as a one game thing.

The only exception is if...

rocketpig said:

THAT was what BioShock 2 was. That is a truly excellent idea and could make for a brilliant game.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker