By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Xbox 360 accepted defeat in 2009?

Seriously JFP, you're losing credibility by the bucket load with every post. Just admit your original post was wrong in places and move on, you'd get more respect for doing so.

Around the Network
Mark5623 said:
Basically MS thinks the 360 can outsell PS3 in 2009 without any exclusives.

So how is it giving up when they are actually laughing in Sonys face by saying "All we need is Halo Wars and Halo ODST and well sell more then you".

That's pretty sad for Xbox gamers is what I say..... But hey if they want to punish their gamers by not releasing many games.

ugh....ur an idiot

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Defeat.

Are you serious?

The 360 is selling more software and hardware then the ps3 is. Not to mention xbox live subscriptions which provide microsoft with revenue streams that sony doesn't have.

Whilst the ps3's games lineup is probably better the time where a couple of exclusives can turn the tide is over.

jellyfishprince said:

4. ??

5. are you serious? did you not read what I said??

please my SON read before you talk to your father like that

I'm confused, your avatar is either a fairly beatup female or a very femanine guy yet your trying to speak in a condescending father-like voice (which is even more confusing because of the female smooching emoticon at the end) - I respectfully ask you to stop talking.

OT

I am a Nintendo fanboy, given that I think the XBox360 and Microsoft has accomplished their mission this Generation. They are making money, the 360 is blowing the original XBox out of the water and they are having awesome third party support - and at the same time they have stolen a huge chunk of the market from Sony (their original reason for entering the market in the first place). So what if they're having a slowdown, they're still competing and usually beating a system that everyone once thought would take this generation even quicker than the PS2 took its.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network

@jellyfishprince

wtf, look at the homepage before you post like you know what you are talking about.

1. xbox 360 has sold more than 8 million more units than the playstation 3. Even if half of them did break, which they didn't, it doesn't change the units sold. Also, look at the monthly and weekly sales. Xbox 360 out sells the playstation 3 every week. What you are saying is completly retarded, why don't you actually try learning what you are talking about before you start talking like you actually know what you are saying.

2. the xbox 360 arcade sku is only 199, which is 50 dollars less than the wii. The 360 also comes in the pro sku 299 and elite sku which is 399. so, technically, you can get the 360 cheaper than the wii. My point being that the 360 can't really be called a more expensive wii if it can be aquired for cheaper. That is also ignoring the fact that it is an hd console with much higher end hardware than the wii.

3. Not orignally, and microsoft never actually lost money on it. most of the money from the hd-dvd add on actually went to toshiba, the manufacturer.

4.I'm talking about the original xbox. If you look at the total sales it sold 25 million units. You said it only sold 10 million and then corrected yourself and said it sold 20 million, but that was wrong too. It sold 25 million which put it ahead of the gamecube in total sales. Nintendo came in third last generation.

5.your post here didn't make much sense, but it sounded like you were saying the gamecube sold 25 million which is incorrect, it only sold 20 million.

so please son yourself, try learning what you are talking about before you starting spouting lies and inaccuracies as fact.

FaRmLaNd said:
Defeat.

Are you serious?

The 360 is selling more software and hardware then the ps3 is. Not to mention xbox live subscriptions which provide microsoft with revenue streams that sony doesn't have.

Whilst the ps3's games lineup is probably better the time where a couple of exclusives can turn the tide is over.

Dude 360 existane proves other wise, Halo is the sole reason the xbox brand survived it could have very well gone the way of the DC.

ONE game can change the tide, we have seen it.  PSP was getting wreck by the DS in Japan all the fanboys proclamied it to be on its death bed then MH came out and changed all that.  One freaking game.

One game can help a console but not change the tide. Monster Hunter didn't change the tide. The DS is still the top handheld in Japan.

FaRmLaNd said:
One game can help a console but not change the tide. Monster Hunter didn't change the tide. The DS is still the top handheld in Japan.

PSp has out sold it pelnty times after Mh, before it was struggling bad.

One game can and has changed things, PS would have not done what it did with out Final Fantasy 7.   Xbox would not exist with out Halo.  DC could have been great but it lacked that one game to truely push it, imagaine DC had a FF Dragon Quest or Gran Turismo.  It lacked that one juggernaout game and it payed with its life.  (Shenmue was to be it but failed)

MS has Halo Sony has GT no matter what those two games guarantee plenty life to their respected consoles.  While FF can make or break a console in Japan.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Agamemnon862 said:

Hmm if I remember correctly people were saying the same thing in early-mid 2008. Then the holiday came and MS blew Sony away.

really?? W.O.W

Yes really. Check the holiday sales.