By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Suda 51 at GDC

Suda 51 stopped by GDC. The maker of Killer 7 on the GC and No More Heroes on the Wii certainly has some interesting ideas about how to make a game. http://wii.ign.com/articles/771/771974p1.html And the latest trailer? Wow, it really is violent! I'm not a huge advocate of violence, but I can handle it and it certainly won't turn me away from getting the game if it plays well. It does look fun ...I'm interested in how different moves are done.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I'm sorta' worried that his studio may have bitten off more than they can chew with this sort of sandbox game.

stewacide said: I'm sorta' worried that his studio may have bitten off more than they can chew with this sort of sandbox game.
Obviously ... He has to go back to developer school because he never learned that you can't do artistic things on the Wii ...

HappySqurriel said: Obviously ... He has to go back to developer school because he never learned that you can't do artistic things on the Wii ...
Sarcasm or no? I think he's got a great style down...I'm just worried about how the game plays.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: I think he's got a great style down...I'm just worried about how the game plays.
The funny thing is people will put up with pretty nonsensical / tacked-on gameplay with this guy so long as the experience is rich enough (see: Killer7). What worries me is that this small team may be spreading themselves too thin with a free-roaming game.

Around the Network

I agree. I want to play this game, just because of the crazy, offbeat style. I was just kinda hoping the game would play well in the end too. The premise of the game is simple enough that I don't think they're going to mess it up that badly...but I'm not seeing it becoming Game of the Year or anything.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM