By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Look out BluRay + HD-DVD... here comes HD-VMD!

we don't need terabytes of space twesterm...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network
Imyourvillain said:
Am I the only one who noticed that this just DVD with many more layers? This, in my opinion, proves why BD is better: the disc is much thinner which allows for more layers than a DVD or HD DVD. I've ever read one article saying the BD could theoretically hold 200GB of data since the layers are so thin. People should just wait for the actual next gen formats to drop in price instead of buying a DVD on steroids.

yes if you read all the posts.

There is nothing wrong with that. It will be cheaper, and people are mor eliekly to accept what they know not what they don't know. To them this will be just a advanced dvd.

kn said:
Apparently no-one paid attention to the previous post in this thread and is ignoring this little gem:

"The format uses MPEG-2 and VC1 video formats to encode at 1080p resolution for the time being, and will possibly move to the H.264 format in the future."

They really need to support H.264 and VC1 right out of the gate. That's going to be a huge issue for the hardcore videophile and will ensure they look to HD DVD and/or Blue-ray to get it.

yet again yes I saw that. I too wish they did h264 from the begining.

However did Blue-ray (sony releases of movies) use h264? cause i remember seeing sony were gonna use mpeg2 and everyone flamed them for it so did they do the right thing in the end and use h264 like the rest of the movie studios?

Notice how the Blu-Ray supporters originally argued that Blu-Ray is a sure fire thing and the clear cut winner but now that a better more economical format has appeared they're playing the "consumer-is-confused" and "the-market-is-a-mess" card? Mixed messages much?

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Red ray is the dvd laser.

mM

The laser in the dvd is red. I think its called infared I dont know I forgot Im not much of a dvd intellegent guy or watever you would call it.

mM