By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's Definitive Top 10 JRPG List.

did you put FF7 because it's your #1 favorite or because of it's influence on rpg? Just asking. I don't know the reason and criteria for your list...

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I love it when people call their opinions definitive.

definitive
A adjective
definitive, determinate
supplying or being a final or conclusive settlement; "a definitive verdict"; "a determinate answer to the problem"
definitive, unequivocal
clearly defined or formulated; "the plain and unequivocal language of the laws"- R.B.Taney
authoritative, classical, definitive

of recognized authority or excellence; "the definitive work on Greece"; "classical methods of navigation"

Its MY definitive list.

JRPG said:
g-value said

Lloyd is 17 though.

Well i assumed the 15 year old thing was an exaggeration. I figured he meant characters who were under 18.

That. I really don't know the ages of all the characters, only that most of them look like little kids.

frictionini said:
did you put FF7 because it's your #1 favorite or because of it's influence on rpg? Just asking. I don't know the reason and criteria for your list...

This is a list of my favorites.

Esa-Petteri said:
JRPG said:
g-value said

Lloyd is 17 though.

Well i assumed the 15 year old thing was an exaggeration. I figured he meant characters who were under 18.

That. I really don't know the ages of all the characters, only that most of them look like little kids.

All sterotypes are based on truth, and i proved that. Most JRPG heroes are in fact teenage boys with odd hair.

Around the Network

The fact that FF7 is the representative of the final fantasy franchise on the list says a lot about the quality of the list. Especially it being no.1

The fact that Tales of Vesperia is on the list (Could be argued no tales game deserves to be on the list) says a lot about the list.

Given that you may not have played a lot of older JRPG's, it's not a terrible list. It's actually a good list if it were the definitive PS1 onwards list . But I do recommend you track down and play a lot more JRPG's, starting with Chrono Trigger .

JRPG said:
outlawauron said:

definitive
A adjective
definitive, determinate
supplying or being a final or conclusive settlement; "a definitive verdict"; "a determinate answer to the problem"
definitive, unequivocal
clearly defined or formulated; "the plain and unequivocal language of the laws"- R.B.Taney

of recognized authority or excellence; "the definitive work on Greece"; "classical methods of navigation"

Its MY definitive list.

A definitive asnwer is usualy a general answer , 2+2 =  is definetiley 4 . You said and I quote  "JRPG's Definitive list" , that at least implies you were  making a "consluvie statement" , "a definite verdict" about what the top 10 best JRPG's were.

Now if you had said "my definitive" JRPG list or "this is the definitive list IMO" , then you would have changed it to a subjective statement , which is totaly acceptable because gaming is a matter of taste.

What probably has annoyed many people in this thread is that you expressed your opinion as something factual , putting arguably poor games in favourable positions in your list.

JRPG said:
Euphoria14 said:
JRPG said:
Euphoria14 said:
@JRPG

"15 years old with Spikey hair".

That is what was said, so I named the one character who fits that desciption.

15 years old with a hat on or 17 years old with non-spikey hair or even 15 years old with flat hair doesn't fit that description.

You can still have spiky hair if you have a hat on.

Hat pushes hair down.

You need to take the hat off and apply some gel if you want it to be spikey.

Spikes come out of the side.

Damn you got me!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CAL4M1TY said:
The fact that FF7 is the representative of the final fantasy franchise on the list says a lot about the quality of the list. Especially it being no.1

The fact that Tales of Vesperia is on the list (Could be argued no tales game deserves to be on the list) says a lot about the list.

Given that you may not have played a lot of older JRPG's, it's not a terrible list. It's actually a good list if it were the definitive PS1 onwards list . But I do recommend you track down and play a lot more JRPG's, starting with Chrono Trigger .

Oh my what is this "Chrono Trigger" game you speak of? Is that the one based in the west?

Dude i've played JRPGs that you have most likely never heard of, Like "Live a Live" and "Bahamut's Lagoon".

NinjaKido said:
JRPG said:
outlawauron said:

definitive
A adjective
definitive, determinate
definitive, unequivocal

Its MY definitive list.

A definitive asnwer is usualy a general answer , 2+2 =  is definetiley 4 . You said and I quote  "JRPG's Definitive list" , that at least implies you were  making a "consluvie statement" , "a definite verdict" about what the top 10 best JRPG's were.

Now if you had said "my definitive" JRPG list or "this is the definitive list IMO" , then you would have changed it to a subjective statement , which is totaly acceptable because gaming is a matter of taste.

What probably has annoyed many people in this thread is that you expressed your opinion as something factual , putting arguably poor games in favourable positions in your list.

My user name is JRPG. The title is "JRPG's definitive list". The apostrophe shows ownership of the list. I should not have to tutor you on basic grammar.

Maybe my username confued you.