By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop's employee checkout policy may be illegal

*goes and checks out a game*

Like I care haha. It's quite the nice perk.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
I still can't, for the live of me, fathom why people use gamestop.

May as well just tattoo "sucker" on your forehead.

It first I didn't really have a choice. I'm still trying to find other alternatives; I'm considering amazon or TRU at the moment

I hope this ends this policy.

axumblade said:
darkhaven63 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I still can't, for the live of me, fathom why people use gamestop.

It first I didn't really have a choice. I'm still trying to find other alternatives; I'm considering amazon or TRU at the moment

You don't have a Best Buy, Target, K-Mart, Toys-R-Us, or Wal-mart around you?

oh. I'll also buy Gamestop games if they are obscure games...I'll probably end up having to get Hammerin' Hero from there. :[

TRU= Toys R Us and yes I do have a Best Buy but it's far :(; ah well I'll just try to use Amazon

Lol, there are absolutely tons of stores that place empty cases on the shelves to prevent theft. Who cares, it's a logical thing to do. :s

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Lol, there are absolutely tons of stores that place empty cases on the shelves to prevent theft. Who cares, it's a logical thing to do. :s

Not among major retailers.

Words Of Wisdom said:

I still can't, for the life of me, fathom why people use gamestop.

I only shop online anymore,if I absolutley must go to a gamestore I go to Play n Trade but even that is rare.

Ryudo said:

Even when I worked at Shitstop I hated that so I never did it.
Except on a already used copy for red steel,first and last time I did it but never felt it was right to do it for a new game,I worked there for over a year and only stayed that long because the last half already hated the corp from how much they screwed me over but needed the job...I finally did end up quitting even if I still needing the job at the time but could not take it anymore.

I hope they get the hammer and would love nothing more than see that POS corp go down like Enron and AIG.

Oh and you people talking about a game with a wrapper..joke is still on you possibly as gamestops have plastic wrapping machines in the back room and sometimes (not too often) can wrap that sucker right back up.

yeah, as I said before, the guy offered to wrap it for him. X360 games always have a bar code on there though, and that's pretty damn hard to put back on.

As for the others... Check for scratches I guess...

Cheebee said:

Colour print outs in a slip of plastic would work just as well but gamestop is too cheap and lazy to do it.

I know I was there.

I'm another person who won't shop at GameStop because of this. I'm cool with them doing that for used games, but brand new games are another thing entirely.

Anyone know if the games they keep in the case behind the counter have been opened too? I used to be cool with getting a game if they were from back there because I thought they'd be untouched, but if they re-wrap those too I'll have to rethink buying new from GameStop period.

CIHYFS?