By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space is better than RE5 would you not agree?

Implaying thru dead space right now and having lots of scares which i what i used to have with resident evil 1- 3 + veronica. RE4 was fun action and im sure RE5 is fun action but Id rather play a god of war, uncharted, gears of war or ninja gaiden for pure fun action.

Around the Network

I have not played either game yet but going by people's comments here Dead Space is in front of Resident Evil 5.
1. Metacritic average review scores: Dead Space 89% versus Resiident Evil 85%. Dead Space has the edge by around 4% over RE5.
2. Dead Space has sold 200k more on XBox 360 than Dead Space on PS3. Resident Evil 5 has sold around 150k more on PS3 than Resisdent Evil 5 on XBox 360.
3. Dead Space is single player only and has good horror scenes in it. Resident Evil 5 is co-op and mainly online. I heard RE5 single player mode is weak and RE5 is a huge step down from RE4 in terms of quality and the horror is non-existent in RE5.

Having said that I will check out Dead Space and I will not bother with Resident Evil 5. All three points above show Dead Space is better than Resident Evil 5.

I think the games are too different to be compared, one being an action game and the other survival horror.

Both are amazing but i think overall id give RE5 the better score because of 1 thing: Replayability. Dead space was awesome the first time through but not good for a second playthrough.

But both get owned by Left 4 Dead!!!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

numonex said:
I have not played either game yet but going by people's comments here Dead Space is in front of Resident Evil 5.
1. Metacritic average review scores: Dead Space 89% versus Resiident Evil 85%. Dead Space has the edge by around 4% over RE5.
2. Dead Space has sold 200k more on XBox 360 than Dead Space on PS3. Resident Evil 5 has sold around 150k more on PS3 than Resisdent Evil 5 on XBox 360.
3. Dead Space is single player only and has good horror scenes in it. Resident Evil 5 is co-op and mainly online. I heard RE5 single player mode is weak and RE5 is a huge step down from RE4 in terms of quality and the horror is non-existent in RE5.

Having said that I will check out Dead Space and I will not bother with Resident Evil 5. All three points above show Dead Space is better than Resident Evil 5.

All of your points made sense except for the bolded. I don see how the fact that RE5 did better on PS3 and Dead Space did better on 360 has anything to do with the quality of the games.

Around the Network

I 100% agree with you, I really loved Dead space. but that could be because I dont like RE franchise. I just can not play a game where I have to stand still and shoot. (Why I cant move and shoot, is there is a reason?)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Feylic said:
I found Dead Space to have good replayability. I've never seen a game with a more drastic change from medium to hard difficulty, it was like playing a totally different game. I still have to do the hardest difficutly, and I'll probably do it twice to max out all the weapons.

I beat Deadspace on normal, on hardest mode and I maxed out all weapons...

In one week....

Really not worth a purchase, it's a rental......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Scarewise, deadspace

Storywise: RE5

Gameplaywaise: you choose

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

RPG said:
RE5 is still said to be in the survival horror bracket so both can be compared. In which case Dead Space over RE5 since the latter was about as scary as a toilet seat.

no RE ditched the survival horror genre when the let you buy items ..it's a great game ....as for Dead Space...it's ok....RE is the one you dont trade when you done...by the way does anyone but hate gamestop?

Dead Space, I just picked it up today what a game only played it for an hour on Normal mode. Resident Evil 5, well the gameplay mechanics of stop and pop shooting just is not my style and you have to play Resident Evil 5 co-operatively.

I like to run around and attack the enemies and evade their attacks. You can do that in both Dead Space and Dead Rising but not in Resident Evil games. I hated the earlier Resident Evil games they were too much of the same lame crap game. The gameplay in Resident Evil games you either love it or hate it. I fit in the latter category.

Another good survival horror shooter game that stands out for me is the original F.E.A.R. the freaky girl, Alma in the game and the sudden unexpected thing appearing out of no where on the screen made me jump a few times while playing that game.

Survival horror games are best played in the dark when you are home alone or everyone is asleep.