By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN crazy week: impressions

I've recently purchased ALL that PSN has to offer and downloaded them all in one day. It took me this long to even sample the games coz of credit card issues and such, which was only fixed this week. Anyway, these are my top PSN experiences:

1.) Flower - un-bel-ie-va-ble. Playing flower is like a dream on a jet engine. A game like this simply must be experienced. It's calm and soothing but at the same time intense and warming. Simply the best downloadable game I've ever seen.

2.) Burn Zombie Burn - fun. It's a little mindless, but coop with a friend is plenty fun. All you do is shoot down hordes and hordes (and I mean hundreds upon hundreds) of zombies, but the control scheme makes it really quite fun.

3.) Super Stardust HD - challenging. Getting through a level perfectly is a hell of an ordeal, but the gameplay is really satisfying and the sense of accomplishment is immense.

4.) Pixeljunk Monsters - cute. The cuteness creates a sense of urgency that really makes one want to protect the flock.

5.) Tekken 5 - as expected. I've been playing Tekken since the dawn of time, and had been playing Tekken 5 at my friend's house for months. Still, it's satisfying to have it in my own house now so I can practice more.

I'm about to play the other games, and am downloading the rest. Anyone with any specific recommendations?

Around the Network

Wait what? You purchased every single game on the ps store?

R&C quest for booty?

cheese_man said:
Wait what? You purchased every single game on the ps store?

yeap. i bought every single thing.

axumblade said:
Pixeljunk Eden - Pixeljunk games are awesome.

Ratchet & Clank: Quest 4 Booty (if that's your thing)

High Velocity Bowling can be fun. It's a little like Wii Sports bowling though.

Wipeout HD/Burnout Paradise/Gran Turismo 5: Prologue are all great racer games. They are in order from abstract to realistic. :p All have interesting things about them.

Noby Noby Boy - interesting..um....game. lol. Very weird game that only the creator of Katamari could conjure up.

Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic - I plan on buying it but I think it's really fun. :)

eden and noby noby boy kinda turned me off.. i didn't quite understand what to do with the game.

i'm downloading ratchet and clank, wipeout hd, and burnout paradise now (i have gt5 on disc).

ragdoll kung fu is out now? great. i've been waiting for that.

Around the Network

Eden is pretty much a platformer where you have to open seeds by releasing pollen (from pollen prowlers) which then allows you to reach new spectra (your goal is to collect these). That basically allows you to open a path to Spectra you'd like to reach, and there are multiple ways to reach many of them. Very simplistic graphically but an absolute blast, especially on the later levels. Highly recommended.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

eden sounds exactly like flower then, but flower is so much prettier and soothing.. still don't see the point to play eden.

Do you want to play a great take on 2d platformers? If yes get it. Regardless, there's a demo for it. Try it out.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Seriously everything? Not everything is good. How many games and how much $ is that?

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

seriously everything. i spent 200 something dollars i think.

(btw i have eden, but i don't like it)

edited: it was more than i expected.