By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games are for NERDS!

Soriku said:
boxydancer said:
skeezer said:
@ boxydancer, you missed Haruhi, and if you are into romance anime look at my sig :) [Personal favorite]

I have a very deep dislike for Haruhi Suzumiya (both the character and the show). I hated all of the characters and the art style, so I couldn't enjoy it.

Thanks for mentioning the name Haruhi, though, because it reminded me of Ouran Host Club. That show is fairly recent, and it's pretty entertaining.

I've heard good things about Clannad. Maybe one day I'll get around to it.

This guy is unreal X_X

So what else besides Death Note (which I also really like) do you like?

I'm a girl, btw.

As for other things I like, Code Geass and Ouran Host Club, as I already mentioned, and Claymore (though the ending was crap) are the most recent shows I've watched and liked. Death Note is my favorite anime of all time, and right behind it would be Full Metal Alchemist and Hikaru no Go.

Around the Network

This is a shameless post, and for posting this you will surely become an outcast.

I fucking can't get enough of anime. I'm watching some now between posts on VG Chartz!

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

boxydancer said:
Soriku said:
boxydancer said:
skeezer said:
@ boxydancer, you missed Haruhi, and if you are into romance anime look at my sig :) [Personal favorite]

I have a very deep dislike for Haruhi Suzumiya (both the character and the show). I hated all of the characters and the art style, so I couldn't enjoy it.

Thanks for mentioning the name Haruhi, though, because it reminded me of Ouran Host Club. That show is fairly recent, and it's pretty entertaining.

This guy is unreal X_X

I'm a girl, btw.

As for other things I like, Code Geass and Ouran Host Club, as I already mentioned, and Claymore (though the ending was crap) are the most recent shows I've watched and liked. Death Note is my favorite anime of all time, and right behind it would be Full Metal Alchemist and Hikaru no Go.

I personally did not like Death Note one bit,It was good at first then....a hude dowfall, overall a 6/10, Code Geass R2 was pure win though perfect ending, Clannad will never be replaced in m heard though.

^_^

So pretty much, this thread is 'LOL I TROL U.'

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
boxydancer said:
Soriku said:
boxydancer said:
skeezer said:

This guy is unreal X_X

I'm a girl, btw.

We should also take the time to mention older anime.  Just because it's old, doesn't mean it sucks.  Just to name a few shonen:

Rurouni Kenshin (the best)

Yu Yu Hakusho (good and Fun)

Hunter X Hunter (reading the manga, crazy and addictive)

All are extremely reccomended, but if you had to pick one, Rurouni Kenshin is the way to go!

Mr. Nice said:
boxydancer said:
Soriku said:
boxydancer said:
skeezer said:

This guy is unreal X_X

I'm a girl, btw.

We should also take the time to mention older anime.  Just because it's old, doesn't mean it sucks.  Just to name a few shonen:

All are extremely reccomended, but if you had to pick one, Rurouni Kenshin is the way to go!

I LOVED the first half of RK (the Shishio arc). It was seriously amazing. Everything after that, though...erm...yeah. I prefer to pretend the 2nd half doesn't exist.

For some shoujo stuff, I used to be pretty obsessed with Fushigi Yugi and Fruits Basket. FB is actually very good, FY...not so much. It's a great show for any teenage girl, though.

I also liked Prince of Tennis (not shoujo, but it might as well have been). That show actually had me playing tennis and watching Wimbledon.

Mr. Nice said:
boxydancer said:
Soriku said:
boxydancer said:
skeezer said:

This guy is unreal X_X

I'm a girl, btw.

You didn't mention Neon Genesis Evangelion, everyone should watch it and not be like soriku that said something like this "I saw some screenshots and It looks too old for me" >_>

^_^

skeezer said:
Mr. Nice said:
boxydancer said:
Soriku said:
boxydancer said:
skeezer said:

This guy is unreal X_X

I'm a girl, btw.

You didn't mention Neon Genesis Evangelion, everyone should watch it and not be like soriku that said something like this "I saw some screenshots and It looks too old for me" >_>

I don't blame him for saying that...the animation is horrible lol.

I couldn't stand Evangelion, but I watched it just so I can say I did, with it being so famous and all.

boxydancer said:
Mr. Nice said:
boxydancer said:
Soriku said:
boxydancer said:
skeezer said:

This guy is unreal X_X

I'm a girl, btw.

I LOVED the first half of RK (the Shishio arc). It was seriously amazing. Everything after that, though...erm...yeah. I prefer to pretend the 2nd half doesn't exist.

For some shoujo stuff, I used to be pretty obsessed with Fushigi Yugi and Fruits Basket. FB is actually very good, FY...not so much. It's a great show for any teenage girl, though.

I also liked Prince of Tennis (not shoujo, but it might as well have been). That show actually had me playing tennis and watching Wimbledon.

Actually, if you read the RK manga after the Shishio arc ends, it's completly different than in the anime.  You see, in Japan the anime caught up to the manga right after Shishio, so they layed on around 40 filler episodes that were never in the manga.  While these fillers were airing in Japan, after the Shishio arc, there was one more arc that was created in the RK manga, and it's just as good as the Shishio arc.

It's too bad that the 40 episodes of filler that the anime was running at the time actually caused anime ratings in Japan for the anime to decrese significantly, and the show was canceled without ever reproducing the final "real" arc after Shishio in the manga.  The only way to get figure out what happens in the final arc, to this day, is to read the maga.  Do it!