By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bored of PS3/360, going to dust off Wii, need recent game advice.

After RE5 left an awful taste in my mouth, I haven't found many games that interest me on either PS3 or 360 that I haven't already played... so I decided to turn my attention to the Wii.

The reason why I say "recent" is because I've already played older games like MKwii, Galaxy and Prime already (aswell as many other "core" games). The last Wii title I enjoyed was Wario:shake and I haven't really messed with the Wii until Madworld (which I didn't really like).

My free time is also kinda limited due to work and MLB season, so I need my minutes to count. I never thought I'd ever need game buying advice after getting all the consoles.

Around the Network

Little Kings Story comes soon!!!

bbsin is from the U.S....so not really 'soon'....unless I´m mistaken about the June release.

Xxain said:
Little Kings Story comes soon!!!

That's awhile from now :/

and I'd rather get the Conduit since it's released on the same day/week.

Yea, little king's story is a few months off for us.

Anyways, since your game collection is incomplete I'll just suggest a few games (some older that I don't think you played)

• Geometry Wars: Galaxies
    Addicting shooter. You are restricted to a small 2D plane of varying shapes and have to stay alive as long as possible and get the highest score. You have nothing like this in your game collection, so who knows if you'll like it. If you liked games like space invaders, centipede, or astroids, you'd love this.
  • Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
    If you have a balance board (which I don't think you do) then this game is totaly worth it and an excellent game. If not, then pass as the Wii remote controls are on the simplistic side of things.
  • New Play Control! Pikmin
    If you never played the original this is a great strategy game. You control the pikmin to attack wild animals and to collect items
  • The House of the Dead: Overkill
    If you like light-gun games this game has been highly rated

I could suggest more, but it looks like you are more into action games, and none of the games I suggested above are action games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:

Yea, little king's story is a few months off for us.

Anyways, since your game collection is incomplete I'll just suggest a few games (some older that I don't think you played)

• Geometry Wars: Galaxies
    Addicting shooter. You are restricted to a small 2D plane of varying shapes and have to stay alive as long as possible and get the highest score. You have nothing like this in your game collection, so who knows if you'll like it. If you liked games like space invaders, centipede, or astroids, you'd love this.
  • Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
    If you have a balance board (which I don't think you do) then this game is totaly worth it and an excellent game. If not, then pass as the Wii remote controls are on the simplistic side of things.
  • New Play Control! Pikmin
    If you never played the original this is a great strategy game. You control the pikmin to attack wild animals and to collect items
  • The House of the Dead: Overkill
    If you like light-gun games this game has been highly rated

I could suggest more, but it looks like you are more into action games, and none of the games I suggested above are action games.

I never tried Geometry Wars.. but being that I suck at SuperStarDustHD so I doubt I'll play it for long.

I don't have a balanceboard.

I didn't enjoy Pikmin on the GC

And I'll look into House of the Dead... I have fond memories of the older HotD games in the arcade. Does it still have awful voice-overs?

bbsin said:

I never tried Geometry Wars.. but being that I suck at SuperStarDustHD so I doubt I'll play it for long.

I don't have a balanceboard.

I didn't enjoy Pikmin on the GC

And I'll look into House of the Dead... I have fond memories of the older HotD games in the arcade. Does it still have awful voice-overs?

wooo! 1/4. Not bad

anyways, I haven't played HotD:Overkill because my wife doesn't like those kinds of games so I decided to pass on it. I love light gun shooters though.

There is a VGChartz review (8.2) here http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3039

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Overkill sounds good for someone with a premium on free time.

If you're into 3D Sonic, i'd also recommend Sonic and the Black Knight. Few missions in that game take more than a couple minutes, so its easy to play in bite-sized chunks too.

Of course, if you're the kind who thinks Sonic should stay as he was, then stay far away from Black Knight.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

marble saga (kornononsomething 2) is good fun

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

FF:CC My Life As a King is excellent!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.