By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Breaks The Law

Godfather II Already Breaking The Law

In advance of Electronic Arts’ release of The Godfather II, a promotional package for the game has arrived leaving many reporters ready to kick ass and smoke some stogies. That’s right, this press pack has a real cigar, matches, a pair of dice, length of wire and brass knuckles. EA really went for the authentic feel with this box, giving promotions everything they need to “off” someone.

The authentic feel doesn’t stop at the items in the box themselves. Some of the matches are missing, the inside of the box smells like burnt sulfur, there is a woman’s number written on the back of the matchbook, an immigration document and three folded pages of advice from “M. Corleone”.

This is an amazing package that EA has put together, but there’s one problem.. Brass Knuckles are illegal in some states.

So the Godfather has put together quite the package for those who can legally accept it, but possibly put others in trouble with the law. EA has yet to comment on the illegal substance found in their promotion packages.

---------------------------------

i wonder if they release that as a special edition game release? id deffo buy that

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Awesome. :p

Esa-Petteri said:
Awesome. :p

would be good but i highly doubt they will release a special edition like that, might be able to with miniture plastic brass knuckles though. not sure about the matches lol

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

wait... are you telling me America is ok with guns but not with brass knuckles? Coz my head is just repeating wtf over and over..

@ puffy, I beleive it is because they are considered a concealed weapon,  and carrying any concealed weapon is illegal in some states

OT: I wonder if these will show up on Ebay, I'll be all of that if they are. Otherwise it would be cool if they released the Collectors Edition with this stuff but I highly doubt it.

Around the Network

omg thats frigging sweet! i would so get that!

limited collectors edition

• brass knuckles
  • box of matches
  • blood stained t-shirt
  • miniture kalashnikov keyring
  • god father 2 the movie
  • god father 2 the game

^that would be major news in the uk.

Skeeuk said:

limited collectors edition

• brass knuckles
  • box of matches
  • blood stained t-shirt
  • miniture kalashnikov keyring
  • god father 2 the movie
  • god father 2 the game

^that would be major news in the uk.

If EA is truly going for the authetic feel, I wonder whose blood they'd use...

Add a bottle of whiskey and that is perfect. :D

Good old EA! Maybe they should have given out free tommy guns as well

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot