By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy be the only one of the big 3 coming out this year?

Nintendo's Keynote did mention any of the Big 3 but Galaxy do you think that will be the only one to come out this year? The other two being Metriod Prime 3 and of course Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Around the Network

No. The only reason there was no talk about the other games is because of the gag order. I see Nintendo putting out SMG in June, MP3 in Sept., SSBB in Nov. Why? SMG is nearly finished and is obviously being touted already. I think we will see a finalized version of it at E3 and there it will be given a release date. MP3 is finished as an overall game, as it was originally going to be a launch game. However, I am betting they decided to hold off for two reasons. 1. To help 3rd parties do well during launch as having a Zelda and MP game would have sealed the deal. 2. Perfect FPS with wii-mote. This game will be the proof in the pudding for FPS on the Wii. Maybe even add in on-line capabilities like MPHunters. By September Nintendo's on-line gaming service will be fully in beta. SSBBrawl will be a killer title. It will not come out until Nintendo has online in a solid format. It will be the big seller for the xmas season. They will use pokemon and MP3 to beta thier online gaming as both titles are usually a one player game and the online functionality, though desired, is not critical. However, with this game it is a major selling feature. Are there any other fighting games that offer online bouts?

Yeah, that makes since I forgot all about the gag order, isn't E3 in July this year instead of May and i bet there will be some big news relase during E3 cause thats the only big game conference left before the fall season shopping right?

cant you just patch the game if it's not perfect? Or wait. 1gb isnt really enough to allow patching of games. *duh*

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Why would you want to patch when you can just buy it perfect anyway? I really don't know what's the point in sending out a undone game when you can wait a little bit and get the complete version?

Around the Network

Kwaad said: cant you just patch the game if it's not perfect? Or wait. 1gb isnt really enough to allow patching of games. *duh*
I'm sorry I have always believed on doing it right in the first place. Maybe that is why you like Sony so much. You are happy with returning your products for replacements and getting patches. I prefer Nintendo's approach, build it right in the first place.

i believe mp3 will be the first one of those three games, because it was announced to be a launch title. but we will have to wait until fall anyway because none of this games will be released from april to july because otherwise nintendo would have added them to their releaselist. as far as i remember, the dates for the big games had always been announced quite a while before the date and i can't see a reason to change this.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said: i believe mp3 will be the first one of those three games, because it was announced to be a launch title. but we will have to wait until fall anyway because none of this games will be released from april to july because otherwise nintendo would have added them to their releaselist. as far as i remember, the dates for the big games had always been announced quite a while before the date and i can't see a reason to change this.
I was thinking that too but i'm starting think that Galaxy will be first, then Metriod for the Online crowd, then SSBB for the Holiday sales.The reason for that is because causal gamers with the Wii will buy Mario before Metriod, and there is no way Nintendo is bringing out Smash Bros first.

Kwaad said: cant you just patch the game if it's not perfect? Or wait. 1gb isnt really enough to allow patching of games. *duh*
What exactly are you trying to say here?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Alacrist said: nintendo_fanboy said: i believe mp3 will be the first one of those three games, because it was announced to be a launch title. but we will have to wait until fall anyway because none of this games will be released from april to july because otherwise nintendo would have added them to their releaselist. as far as i remember, the dates for the big games had always been announced quite a while before the date and i can't see a reason to change this. I was thinking that too but i'm starting think that Galaxy will be first, then Metriod for the Online crowd, then SSBB for the Holiday sales.The reason for that is because causal gamers with the Wii will buy Mario before Metriod, and there is no way Nintendo is bringing out Smash Bros first.
If you ask me - yes, Galaxy will be the first of the three titles and I hope it will come in June or so. Then Metroid in September and Brawl as a Christmas gift - that would push the hardware sales a lot and if Big N is able to release the games in 2007 it will maybe be the winner of the next gen. Especially in Japan the PS3 will struggle I think... BTW: 2008 will be the year of the Pikmin and Icarus