By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict will Resistance brake 1m in USA on its anniversary(10weeks to go)

Resistance: fall of man is in its 42 week on the market. http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1893

According to this site, it has currently sold  1.63 million  worldwide out of tha number 832k has been sold in USA during 42 weeks on the market or 42 weeks since release. So there are 10 weeks left for full year since release( there are 52 weeks in one year).

So place your bets. Is RFOM going to brake 1 million in USA or will release of other big PS3 titles slow it down?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW-i think European numbers are higher. Both RFOM and Motorstorm are sold in starter pack. Starter pack includes 2 control with PS3 and these 2 games.  But  never mind that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network

I don't think it can do it in 10 weeks. Last week it sold 12,000 units, and in the next 10 weeks I don't see any reason why Resistance sales would rise significantly above that level. If anything, with some new PS3 games hitting like Heavenly Swords, I think Resistance could sell slightly less on average than it did last week. Sales will go up as the holiday approaches, but I feel it's just a little short of when the sales will really spike. So I think it will be very close to a million, but maybe a week or two short of hitting it.

The questions seems simple. Resistance sales are quite steady and in next ten weeks it will probably sell a little over 100 thousands units. So it will be a little short to one million but it will break that number soon after.

Yes it will the holidays effect.

mM

It has to sell over 70K a week starting now. So I doubt it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Gah, miscalculated my math, 20K a week.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

well just under 17k for the next ten weeks. unless it gets a boost it will fall short, but I am going to be optimistic and say that it will get a holiday boost and just about do it.

with the starter pack in europe it could break 2M world wide around its anniversary. Starter pack selling roughly 25k a week, 25k*10=250k, if no boost in america 12k*10=120k, 250k+120k=370k, 1.63M+370k=2M. Unless i have done something wrong it could be possible.

I'm not sure how much it will sell, lots of great FPS games coming out this year like Haze, UT3 and CoD. But this game has already passed 2mil last i heard so its just a matter of time before each game is sold. Its a great game, just about finished my third time through the story, along with 50+ hours online, its lots of fun. And i'm not a big fan of playing online FPS games.

I just like to piss people off online with my mic, and stalk my team mates and bother them, i'm the one blowing up cars as my team mates run by :P

lmao man, if I was ever on your team online, I'd hate you so bad.