By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Final Fantasy XIII is the best looking game on the PS3 yet" - OPM UK

"Final Fantasy XIII is put it simply the best looking game on the playstation 3 yet."

Just read the OPM UK scans and saw that quote right there, that means better then Killzone 2 and all the other games released on the PS3. For a game which will have scale Killzone 2 could only dream off that is quite a kick in the teeth and that was only the demo!

Game sounds amazing, good to see their will not be only one protagonist in the game you play as but many and finally this game will hopefully stop all the idiots saying SE have gone down the shitters. DQ X will do it anyway but FFXIII will further emphasise it, sure SE were very slow off the mark this generation but good things come to those who wait.

It's close to a year now since the game was announced for the 360, THANKFULLY many have gotten over it but if some have not, your going to miss out on a fantastic game. *waits for the inevitable "FFXIII will be shit because TLR and the tri-ACE games were crap"* :/

Anyone here getting the demo in a couple weeks? I am and also getting a free movie which will indeed play on my PS3!

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2009/04/06/opm-uk-edge-may-2009-issue-feature-scans.html

It was EDGE, the greatness of the news made me retared for a couple years

Around the Network

do u mean versus or jus 13?

a link wouldn't be bad

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Isn't EDGE the one that always gives the high profile games crap reviews (Halo Wars, Killzone 2).

I think some clarification is needed here. If they mean the best looking as far as all the elements are concerned (color, animation, cgi, textures, etc.), then I could believe it, but based just on realism of the graphics I highly doubt this is the "best" looking considering all the screenshots I've already seen on it.

That's quite a statement because RPGs have such large scale that its hard to imaging such amazing graphics to something like a racer or shooter. But hey if it is able to top MGS4 then more power to them.

Around the Network

The character models are looking stunning indeed, but the best graphics overall ? I doubt it to be honest.

Developper: Square enix
Game: A numbered Final Fantasy
Platform: A Sony console

These ingredients will result in Jaw dropping graphics and cinematics that will be remembered for years !!!!! is anyone really expecting anything less? (they did it with all FF and they will do it again,,, only SE knows how to exploit sony systems to their fullest)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Gearbox said:

Try working that out for yourself son, really not that hard.

No one should be shocked at all by this though, this is SE after all. Versus will look even better since it is releasing after FFXIII, damn good time to own a PS3. :)

RPG said:
Gearbox said:

Try working that out for yourself son, really not that hard.

What's easy for some is hard for others.

Best looking doesn't necessarily mean better graphics.

Aesthetic direction could be the meaning.