By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Tales of Vesperia info on the PS3 port and the movie

well from what i've heard from everyone, its gotten my purchase, good characters, good story, awesome action battle system and 4player co-op, way too hard to resist

Around the Network
errorrrr said:
g-value said:
errorrrr said:
Luke from TOA has me breaking PS2 controller mad... I can't imagine a worst JRPG protagonist than him... -_-;

Yuri Lowell is worlds apart a better main character then Luke. But i didn't think Luke was that bad. He has a great character development.

Luke had me the most "WTF" moment ever, like "excuse me sir, did you just say xxx." Some of stuff he says was just so... out rageous in a negative way... But we all know how it'll end anyways lol...

At least he got his act together in the 2nd half of the game. Other than that he was a pretty decent protagonist

New Info

Patty Fleur is a 14-year old adventurer

There are going to be enhancements to the storyline also there are going to be more skits in the PS3 version.

Here is the link

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/04/tales-of-vesperia-ps3-detailed-screenshots

wow,nice = ) Patty is very cool. I buy the ps3 tov

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

wow,nice signatur@g-value
i love it

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Around the Network
Marco said:
wow,nice signatur@g-value
i love it

You just notice? Also did you play the Xbox 360 version of Tales of Vesperia?

I'm curious, what do people think the potential impact of this (assuming the new content, voice overs, etc is good) will be on future 360 titles in the region?

I'm not an jRGP player (so far VC is my only title in the genre) but I gather there is a lot of enthusiasm for the new content for this title.

Given 360 has essentially relied on getting Japanese to buy 360 to get jRPGs if the tables were turned with most titles hitting PS3 with better versions do you think the market will switch from 360 to PS3 for these games?

Also, TOV hasn't released for 360 in Europe yet - will this cause people to change their mind on platform and wait for a PS3 version.

Note - I'm not implying anything but am curious what those of you who enjoy jRPGs think.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
I'm curious, what do people think the potential impact of this (assuming the new content, voice overs, etc is good) will be on future 360 titles in the region?

I'm not an jRGP player (so far VC is my only title in the genre) but I gather there is a lot of enthusiasm for the new content for this title.

Given 360 has essentially relied on getting Japanese to buy 360 to get jRPGs if the tables were turned with most titles hitting PS3 with better versions do you think the market will switch from 360 to PS3 for these games?

Also, TOV hasn't released for 360 in Europe yet - will this cause people to change their mind on platform and wait for a PS3 version.

Note - I'm not implying anything but am curious what those of you who enjoy jRPGs think.

To tell the truth i really don't know. Only time will tell i guess.

We have to wait till Final Fantasy XIII releases in the big three markets, to comfirm that.

Hopefully it will bring new fans to the genre too.

Wait, there is 4 player coop? Sweet, now I have enough reasons to buy it.

EDIT: I didn't see this in the thread, but I think this is pretty interesting:

All cutscenes lacking voice have been newly recorded to take advantage of the ample storage space Blu-ray provides, and voice actor Kosuke Toriumi (Yuri) even remarked on stage, "the additional voice script was almost as long as the entire Xbox 360 [script]".

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173611

That's a lot of extra voicing, but when it means no unvoiced story-sequences, then Namco have done the right thing. From a gamer's perspective anyway.