By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Tales of Vesperia info on the PS3 port and the movie

Er lets not argue about which story line is epic or not ^^; What's important is that other people will enjoy a top notch RPG

Around the Network
darkhaven63 said:
Er lets not argue about which story line is epic or not ^^; What's important is that other people will enjoy a top notch RPG

Agreed. This is not the thread for that.

darkhaven63 said:

Epic or not, I expect my enjoyment meter to hit 10/10 once I pop this beauty into my PS3.

Neat they're doing a movie to go along with the game as well.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

g-value said:
@ errorrrr and Xxain

Does a story need to be "epic" in order for it to be good? The only tales game i saw as epic was ToV and i loved ToA's storyline and never thought it was epic at all.

If you read my post, I HAVE NEVER said the story to be "NOT" good. In fact, i SPECIFICALLY said the story WAS GOOD. I enjoy Dynasty Warrios and its 1000 spinoff... I think I am the LAST person to say a jRPG's story NOT GOOD.

What I am saying that the game doesn't bring anything NEW. It doesn't bring any revolution to the jRPG genre, thus it was not a game of epic porportion...

It's like people in 3rd world country first time eating McDonalds. It's really unique and fresh to them, and really good, but to us, who see it corporate logo everyday and probably visited there more than once... it's not really anything unique or "epic"...

What I mean by "Epic" is not to say the story needs to be Shakesperean tragedy or anything like that but, it could have an "epic" interface, "epic" battle, or anything that JUST STANDS out...

Tales of achieve everything except "Standing Out" from the rest of the crowd.

errorrrr said:
g-value said:
@ errorrrr and Xxain

Does a story need to be "epic" in order for it to be good? The only tales game i saw as epic was ToV and i loved ToA's storyline and never thought it was epic at all.

If you read my post, I HAVE NEVER said the story to be "NOT" good. In fact, i SPECIFICALLY said the story WAS GOOD. I enjoy Dynasty Warrios and its 1000 spinoff... I think I am the LAST person to say a jRPG's story NOT GOOD.

What I am saying that the game doesn't bring anything NEW. It doesn't bring any revolution to the jRPG genre, thus it was not a game of epic porportion...

It's like people in 3rd world country first time eating McDonalds. It's really unique and fresh to them, and really good, but to us, who see it corporate logo everyday and probably visited there more than once... it's not really anything unique or "epic"...

What I mean by "Epic" is not to say the story needs to be Shakesperean tragedy or anything like that but, it could have an "epic" interface, "epic" battle, or anything that JUST STANDS out...

Tales of achieve everything except "Standing Out" from the rest of the crowd.

Don't worry, Yuri should be a real "Stand Out" for you. You have never seen anything like him in a jrpg. There are also alot of "Stand Out" moments in it too. Maybe even more in the PS3 version.

Also i have eaten McDonalds for year and it still taste awesome. The tales series is like an old friend you have not seen in a while. Sure his idea of fun may not have changed a lot over the years but that does not mean you won't have a great time anyways.

Around the Network

g-value your been too sensitive...SO is my fav RPG series, but I dont consider them epic for the same reason, a game can be AAA without being epic like SO and past tales...its not a attack so dont get all defensive about it

Luke from TOA has me breaking PS2 controller mad... I can't imagine a worst JRPG protagonist than him... -_-;

errorrrr said:
Luke from TOA has me breaking PS2 controller mad... I can't imagine a worst JRPG protagonist than him... -_-;

Yuri Lowell is worlds apart a better main character then Luke. But i didn't think Luke was that bad. He has a great character development.

g-value said:
errorrrr said:

Yuri Lowell is worlds apart a better main character then Luke. But i didn't think Luke was that bad. He has a great character development.

Luke had me the most "WTF" moment ever, like "excuse me sir, did you just say xxx." Some of stuff he says was just so... out rageous in a negative way... But we all know how it'll end anyways lol...