By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 30% of COD4 players ignored single player

Wow... I've beaten the Campaign twice... I loved this.

This sheds a nice light for online only games though.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
I really do think its stupid to buy a game only for online , why not get the full moneys worth

I know what you're trying to say but... "Your money's worth" various from person to person... I payed 60$ for MGS4 not giving a damn about MGO. This was a week after the game was released... I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I tried MGO out after a while though... wasn't impressed.... It was .... "OK"

4 ≈ One

Toefactor said:
phinch1 said:
I really do think its stupid to buy a game only for online , why not get the full moneys worth

Simple. If I enjoy multiplayer more, and strive to be the best I can be at it, then time spent on single player is a waste of my time. Everyone has different likes, and dislikes. 

And it's not like I don't play any single player games. I love all of the Zelda and Mario games, and play all of them all the way through. However, if I play the first bit of a game and I am not enjoying myself as much as I do when I play it online then I feel that I am truly getting more of my money's worth by playing it online.

But why not just see the campaign through, the online isnt going away anytime soon, but whatever though i mean its your money if you want to waste it by not playing the whole game then fair enough

Thats really not all that surprising, though I would like to know what percent of Halo 3 players are multiplayer only, the games single player is very "meh" and bungie has been giving multiplayer aspect of the game tons of content. Its continued strong sales must mean continued love of multiplayer, anyway of finding out that data?

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

that would be me, the online is too good

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Around the Network

the campaing had sooo many sick parts like when you had to carry the fat guy around.

I love multi-player but thought that the strength of COD4 was it's single player campaign.......but everyone enjoys games differently I guess.

phinch1 said:
Toefactor said:
phinch1 said:

Simple. If I enjoy multiplayer more, and strive to be the best I can be at it, then time spent on single player is a waste of my time. Everyone has different likes, and dislikes. 

And it's not like I don't play any single player games. I love all of the Zelda and Mario games, and play all of them all the way through. However, if I play the first bit of a game and I am not enjoying myself as much as I do when I play it online then I feel that I am truly getting more of my money's worth by playing it online.

But why not just see the campaign through, the online isnt going away anytime soon, but whatever though i mean its your money if you want to waste it by not playing the whole game then fair enough

I see what you are saying, but I still think my time is better spent doing what I enjoy the most, and in the case of a select few games, what I enjoy the most is their multiplayer component. By your argument of getting your money's worth, I can say only this. If I enjoy Halo 3 multiplayer 2 times more than the single player campaign, then the 20 or so hours spent playing through the campaign were 20 hours where I was having half as much fun as I could have been had I spent that time online.

I'm admittedly a multiplayer junkie, so for me, getting my money's worth often means skipping the single player if I find the first few missions/levels/ to be kind of bleh.

Toefactor said:
phinch1 said:
Toefactor said:
phinch1 said:

I see what you are saying, but I still think my time is better spent doing what I enjoy the most, and in the case of a select few games, what I enjoy the most is their multiplayer component. By your argument of getting your money's worth, I can say only this. If I enjoy Halo 3 multiplayer 2 times more than the single player campaign, then the 20 or so hours spent playing through the campaign were 20 hours where I was having half as much fun as I could have been had I spent that time online.

I'm admittedly a multiplayer junkie, so for me, getting my money's worth often means skipping the single player if I find the first few missions/levels/ to be kind of bleh.

Like i said, mulitplayer online isnt going away anytime soon ,so to try single player wouldnt hurt, how do you know you wont enjoy it if you never played it through, some of the missoins towards the end of COD 4 are amazing, and i think by not giving it a chance your really missing out

campaign mode was awesome

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks