By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

stop listing exclusives or what's coming out, step back, look at his original post, and it's clear that he's better off with a 360 at this point in time, PS3 is a good console, but that's not what he needs, look at what he's asking first instead of arguing with each other like a bunch of tards on which console is better, it's different from person to person depending on the needs.

Around the Network
chris1_16 said:
Garnett said:
chris1_16 said:
Garnett said:
chris1_16 said:

Has your decision been made yet?

btw, I'd say 360

-Best Online

-NetFlix

-Great incoming exclusives and great available exclusives and awesome exclusive DLC

-Alot of value which makes it worth $200

-A reliable system jasper baby!

See what i did?

Yes. You couldn't handle the fact that somebody else had a different opinion and you felt like you had to do something about it

lol ok...how about when someone else does it to me,Can i say that? or will that excuse run out?

Feel free to say it

But i like to argue my points!

I can say that most people with the wii360 combo are quite happy. Biggest advantage to having a 360 is the amount of games available plus online. Biggest drawbacks are missing wifi, no blu-ray, and u have to pay for xbox live.

Bet you don't care about this part, but ill add it incase you change your mind. If u chose to get netflix (which i think cancels out getting blu-ray), then a 360 can be better then a ps3 for movies since it offers them in HD and u get stream it right away vs renting a movie from the store. For the wifi part, u can pay the extra $100 or get a real long 50ft ethernet cord for cheaper. Finally, gr8 deals on xbox live include 13 months for only $40 instead of 12 months for $50.

for the ps3, u do get blu-ray and free online but i find the ps3 lacking from multipalyer entertainment. Most games on the ps3 u can only play solo but otehr games on 360 have more co-op and split screen experiences including halo 3, GoW2. But despite these concerns, the exclusives on the ps3 tend to run better including MGS4, KZ2, Uncharted, and LBP.

I think the biggest difference will come to games. Just like LCD vs Plasma, LCD were better in brighter rooms for video games while Plasma was better in darker rooms for movies. If your in the sports, RPG, shooters genre, I would say the 360 would benefit you more. Gr8 RPGS including SO4, ToV, Fable 2, and Fallout 3 , shooters such as CoD: WaW, CoD4, Halo 3, GoW2, and sports games such as NHL 09, Madden 09, NBA 2K9 are all enjoyable.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

sly777 said:
wierdassmart said:
Marry your girlfriend, have lots of babies and get on with your life. that´s all you need

already done that little boy

haha.. OWNED!!!

That's what you get for cheating on me. It was supposed to be a thing only between me and you. ¬_¬

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

xbox 360:
+
Biggest game selection out of the two
lower entry price
Xbox exclusives
Controller is really great
Online is also really fun and the NXE has a cool look to it.
You can buy ALOT of games, add-ons, expansions, movies, and such.(more out of the two)
Netflix streaming.
-
Controller D-pad isn't the best (or to some, good)
Online costs 30-50$ a year (depending on where you buy it)
Doesn't have blu-ray. But it has DVD.

PS3:
+
The stable of exclusives
Buy ps1 classics.
Dualshock 3 is much better than the sixaxis (so i've heard)
Blu-Ray support
Built in wifi
-
PRICE. Twice as much as an xbox 360 arcade.
Online store isn't nearly as well done as the xbox one.
The online community in some games is lower than that of what you would find in an xbox version.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
pbroy said:
sly777 said:
wierdassmart said:
Marry your girlfriend, have lots of babies and get on with your life. that´s all you need

already done that little boy

haha.. OWNED!!!

That's what you get for cheating on me. It was supposed to be a thing only between me and you. ¬_¬

lolll very funny !!

Sports games the 360/PS3 are essentially equal. Even online,  I've never had issues finding games on the PSN/XBL. (Basketball, Hockey, Madden,etc). 

Shooters
(I would probably give the edge to the 360, but I prefer the shooters on the PS3).  It essentially amounts to Kill Zone 2 / Resistance  versus Halo 3 / Gears of War.   You didn't specify first or third person shooters,  So I'm guessing you kind of like them all.  In which case,  games like Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Warhawk  , etc could all be added.

RPGs.  While the 360 has had the more appealing lineup of RPGs thus far this generation.  I'm not so sure I would turn my back to a Japanese made Sony console when it comes to RPGs.  I foresee most RPGs on the 360 that the PS3 is missing to be migrated at some point to the PS3.

Other factors that I would say should play into your purchasing decision (Or would if I were you) :

Price.  The 360 easily wins in this category in terms of entry point.  It gives the ability to jump right into HD gaming with a low $200 price tag.  Although,  you should realize that a cheap entry point now will eventually lead to what appears to be a higher overall cost (When you factor in Xbox Live (Like $50 per year), Possible other needs Bigger Hard Drve, Battery recharger kit ($15), WiFi Adapter ($100).   Which leads me to my next category.

Value.  The PS3 I believe easily wins this category in terms of 'What you get in the box'.  It's more expensive than the 360 but provides you with absolutely free online gaming which assuming you own the console and wish to play online for atleast a few years (Let's just say 3),  would be around $120- $150 additional costs for the 360.    The PS3 also has built in wireless/ethernet port.  And lastly, the PS3 includes a Blu-Ray player.

Reliability.  This may or may not be a  big concern to you.  Personally,  I hate faulty hardware.  A big concern with the 360 is the seeming ongoing issues (RROD, E74 errors etc).  Microsoft has the extended warranty (Which is very nice),  but for me personally it's not worth it.  The PS3 is a far more reliable system,  But like all hardware it too can break.

Upcoming game releases? 
Let's face it,  a lot of buying a console is looking forward to newer, better games.  Seeing where your console is going to be games wise in a few years is a good thing. While this is always in a state of constant flux and titles are being pushed forward, moved back, etc.   Look at the upcoming game releases and decide for yourself which looks better.  Most objective observers would say that the PS3 has a slightly-extremely (Depending on opinion) better lineup in the near future.   Although realize that this could differ depending on your opinion and certainly many people might change their minds after E3 this summer.

All in all, Like most others have said it all is going to depend a lot on personal preference. 
As for your decision?  I think it plays out like this :

Game types you enjoy (Shooters, RPGs, Sports)?  -  Both systems provide an equally enjoyable experience. IMHO.

Price - The 360 simply gives you a lower entry cost, although it may result in a higher end cost depending on your usage. The 360 still provides a best price to someone on a budget.

Value - The PS3 simply gives you the most bang for your buck.  Depending on your tastes though (Blu-Ray, Need for Wireless, etc), it may not be for you.  Still the PS3 provides someone the most advanced piece of hardware package at a reasonable price.

Reliability -  The PS3 simply is the more reliable system.  Although the 360 has supposedly improved on this.  Between RRODs and other issues (Many that aren't covered under warranties) it's easy to give the PS3 a nod.    (For example, my 360s disc tray broke and wouldn't read discs anymore. In order to get it repaired, it would cost me $110 as it wasn't covered under the warranty).

Upcoming game releases?  - This is where your opinion kicks in.  Personally,  I think the PS3 has a far better, more diverse,  future lineup at this point and for the foreseeable future. (God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, MAG, New Ratchet and Clank, etc).  But this category is the most personal opinion based one of the bunch.  So just take a look yourself.

Rpruett said:

Sports games the 360/PS3 are essentially equal. Even online,  I've never had issues finding games on the PSN/XBL. (Basketball, Hockey, Madden,etc). 

Shooters
(I would probably give the edge to the 360, but I prefer the shooters on the PS3).  It essentially amounts to Kill Zone 2 / Resistance  versus Halo 3 / Gears of War.   You didn't specify first or third person shooters,  So I'm guessing you kind of like them all.  In which case,  games like Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Warhawk  , etc could all be added.

RPGs.  While the 360 has had the more appealing lineup of RPGs thus far this generation.  I'm not so sure I would turn my back to a Japanese made Sony console when it comes to RPGs.  I foresee most RPGs on the 360 that the PS3 is missing to be migrated at some point to the PS3.

Other factors that I would say should play into your purchasing decision (Or would if I were you) :

Price.  The 360 easily wins in this category in terms of entry point.  It gives the ability to jump right into HD gaming with a low $200 price tag.  Although,  you should realize that a cheap entry point now will eventually lead to what appears to be a higher overall cost (When you factor in Xbox Live (Like $50 per year), Possible other needs Bigger Hard Drve, Battery recharger kit ($15), WiFi Adapter ($100).   Which leads me to my next category.

Value.  The PS3 I believe easily wins this category in terms of 'What you get in the box'.  It's more expensive than the 360 but provides you with absolutely free online gaming which assuming you own the console and wish to play online for atleast a few years (Let's just say 3),  would be around $120- $150 additional costs for the 360.    The PS3 also has built in wireless/ethernet port.  And lastly, the PS3 includes a Blu-Ray player.

Reliability.  This may or may not be a  big concern to you.  Personally,  I hate faulty hardware.  A big concern with the 360 is the seeming ongoing issues (RROD, E74 errors etc).  Microsoft has the extended warranty (Which is very nice),  but for me personally it's not worth it.  The PS3 is a far more reliable system,  But like all hardware it too can break.

Upcoming game releases? 
Let's face it,  a lot of buying a console is looking forward to newer, better games.  Seeing where your console is going to be games wise in a few years is a good thing. While this is always in a state of constant flux and titles are being pushed forward, moved back, etc.   Look at the upcoming game releases and decide for yourself which looks better.  Most objective observers would say that the PS3 has a slightly-extremely (Depending on opinion) better lineup in the near future.   Although realize that this could differ depending on your opinion and certainly many people might change their minds after E3 this summer.

All in all, Like most others have said it all is going to depend a lot on personal preference. 
As for your decision?  I think it plays out like this :

Game types you enjoy (Shooters, RPGs, Sports)?  -  Both systems provide an equally enjoyable experience. IMHO.

Price - The 360 simply gives you a lower entry cost, although it may result in a higher end cost depending on your usage. The 360 still provides a best price to someone on a budget.

Value - The PS3 simply gives you the most bang for your buck.  Depending on your tastes though (Blu-Ray, Need for Wireless, etc), it may not be for you.  Still the PS3 provides someone the most advanced piece of hardware package at a reasonable price.

Reliability -  The PS3 simply is the more reliable system.  Although the 360 has supposedly improved on this.  Between RRODs and other issues (Many that aren't covered under warranties) it's easy to give the PS3 a nod.    (For example, my 360s disc tray broke and wouldn't read discs anymore. In order to get it repaired, it would cost me $110 as it wasn't covered under the warranty).

Upcoming game releases?  - This is where your opinion kicks in.  Personally,  I think the PS3 has a far better, more diverse,  future lineup at this point and for the foreseeable future. (God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, MAG, New Ratchet and Clank, etc).  But this category is the most personal opinion based one of the bunch.  So just take a look yourself.

Great post!

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Bokal said:
Rpruett said:

Great post!

That is so PS3 biased... lol

It feels like reading an official Sony PR...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
Bokal said:
Rpruett said:

Great post!

That is so PS3 biased... lol

Not really.  I prefer the PS3 to the 360.   But game enjoyment is purely a matter of personal opinion.  Price clearly favors the 360 in terms of entry point.  Reliability clearly favors the PS3 and Value I guess 'could maybe be' a tad biased.  But the PS3 does give you a Blu-Ray player, WiFi, Free Online for $400.   Add those costs onto the cheapest 360 model and include XBL fees.