By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yu Suzuki retires from AM plus

Yu Suzuki retires from AM plus

According to a latest press release from SEGA-SAMMY, the company has “retired” a few of its managers. One being Yu Suzuki and the other is Hiroshi Yagi.

Don’t freak out! This just means he was moved, as of April 1st (what an odd date for them to leave their studios, right?) Yu Suzuki will no longer be at AM plus! What will happen to him? Well after his short vacation he will come back to Sega. Here is the quote from the PDF:

“Mr. Yagi and Mr. Suzuki will be member of Amusement R&D Division as of April 15,2009.”

I don’t know if Yu Suzuki leaving AM plus means that the studio is closing or it is just being merged. AM plus hasn’t really been making hit games, so who knows. We will see what this is going to do for Yu Suzuki, hopefully more games?

I think what we are all wondering here is, what does Yu Suzuki do when he is on vacation?

SEGA-SAMMY

Source: http://www.seganerds.com/2009/04/03/yu-suzuki-retires-from-am-plus/

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I wonder if they'll eventually re-recruit him like they did with Naka, in a roundabout way.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

He still needs to make Shenmue 3... dammit!!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that headline. The man needs to be handed the next Virtua Fighter and allowed to create Shenmue 3 before he retires permanently.

bouzane said:
I almost had a heart attack when I saw that headline. The man needs to be handed the next Virtua Fighter and allowed to create Shenmue 3 before he retires permanently.

This, fucking this!!!!

Around the Network

O_O i thought i was one of the only people who remembered this guy....glad to see I'm proven wrong.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Shenmue 3 following in Kenshan! and Yakuza 3's footsteps and becoming a PS3 exclusive.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

yes sega needs him to make the next virtua fighter and of course give him a chance to finish the shenmue saga ( maybe if sega asked either sony or m$ to co-fund the project it will get made. ) .

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I don't care if Shenmue 3 ends up getting released on the Gameboy Color. I'd still buy it.

With that said, what's left of Sega now?

It's just that simple.

I think everyone can agree when I say he's responsible and inspired a lot of great games. But some of his later titles weren't exactly topping the charts.