By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 being developed with cross-platform engine

mitsuhide said:
Gelmer said:
If FFXII only sold 5 million on a console with a 120+ million instalation base how do you figure FFXIII is going to sell 5 million on a 10-20 million instalation base?

Because FFXII sucked compared to other FF's and FFXIII is meant to be the second coming of FFVII i.e doing for the PS3 what FFVII did for the PS1.

@Topic:

Also we dont actually know what the other platform is,we assume its X360 but what if its PC or PS2(the original TheWhiteEngine console) it could even be the Wii although i doubt this unless they are taking ful advantage of MotionControl in Sixaxis and Wiimote(Sixaxis control wouldnt be the same as Wiimote control but the engine would be similar or the same).

According to who? Square Enix? Last we heard the game was 13% into development, how the hell do we know its the second coming of FFVII already?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:
Gelmer said:
If FFXII only sold 5 million on a console with a 120+ million instalation base how do you figure FFXIII is going to sell 5 million on a 10-20 million instalation base?

Because FFXII sucked compared to other FF's and FFXIII is meant to be the second coming of FFVII i.e doing for the PS3 what FFVII did for the PS1.

@Topic:

Also we dont actually know what the other platform is,we assume its X360 but what if its PC or PS2(the original TheWhiteEngine console) it could even be the Wii although i doubt this unless they are taking ful advantage of MotionControl in Sixaxis and Wiimote(Sixaxis control wouldnt be the same as Wiimote control but the engine would be similar or the same).

Square hasn't even been able to pull anything even remotely close to FF7 in the last ten years so I really don't hold out much hope for a game that honestly just sounds like a jumbled mess of mismatched genres and RPG types. And seeing how they've handled their ideal of FF7 through its spin-offs I have little hope for any good comming from FFXIII being the second comming of FF7. Even then, if by a second FF7, you mean the game has a train and some techno/steam punk elements in it, then yeah, I guess you could call it a superficial attempt at reconstructing the success of a game they've all but forgotten how to achieve. Then again, ever since FFIX, every FF main series game according to Square has reportedly been the one to outdo all the others. The fact the main female character is once again a Yuna clone shows this treading down the same path as its glamorific PS2 predicessors.

But that's just my skeptical opinion, I suppose you could assume all the early adopters bought it for either MGS4 or FFXIII so you could assume at least 2-3 million in sales maybe. But not 5.  

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

When FFVII released i think the PS1 userbase was 9.8million and FFVII went on to sell 9.4million(I think maybe mroe),When FFX was released the PS2 userbase was just under 10million again(Mar01 FFX released on July01 in JPN)and FFX went on to sell 7.95million becoming the second best selling FF ever.The 3rd installment on the same console i.eFFIX selling 5.3million and FFXII selling 4.94million always sell the least the 1st sells the best so we can expect good numbers from FFXIII due to it being 1.the 1st installment on a new console and 2.2nd most anticipated title according to Famitsu at the moment that will change to number 1 as soon as number 1 is released but i forget what number 1 is so i dont know when that will. be.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I dont literally mean the second coming i mean it will do for the PS3 what FFVII did for the PS1.Sell millions.

Your optimism is your deserved and respected opinion, but you'll forgive us if we're not as optimistic in least bit over what we can only gauge as a confusing installment in a franchise which has long since fallen from grace and seems to have not only lost what little cohesion it had as a franchise but has lost all sense of what it is or ever was.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

So i am optimistic about FFXIII and your pessimistic(i think or just doubtful) thats fine it doesnt matter its atleast 1years away and it is pointless to argue this matter.

I honestly dont see FFXIII selling "millions" of consoles. It just doesnt hold the same sway that it used to. It may help to move about a million consoles (insofar as it is possible to measure that), but not much more. Certainly not like FFVII did

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm not doing anything you request if you constantly bash the mods. You both were asking for trouble, I see no reason to do anything to either of you.

I dont bash the mods.

Only you and shams, and you just have proven your bais.

I don't know what a bais is, and if you would like me to ban twesterm, I'd have to ban you as well. Fair enough?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

mitsuhide said:
I think i skimmed across the Amiga bit not actually reading the word Amiga and not relising its there.Now that this has happened are we going to get the X360fanboys starting a rumour every week that FFXIII is on X360 but isnt like they did with MGS4 which still isnt on X360 and i dont think Sony will give either of them up without some serious money counting.Really you actually think that Sony will let S-E and Konami take those 2 titles away from the PS3 considering they just sold loads of their insurance share thing(JPN only called SonyInsurance or something like that) and now Sony has paid off the debts of the PS3 so if the company has a whole does that for the system(they got $1.9billion or are going to) i wrote a fake letter about this one another thread about if S-E threatened to take FF elsewhere Sony would step up and pay for dev costs of FFXIII and FFVersusXIII and pay S-E an extra $25million to keep it PS3 exlclusive.Sony would do that and more for that game and the same with MGS4.
If you think Sony would let those games go say why now.

Lol, silly 14 year-olds.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3