By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps3 problems

Tough break. Does anybody know what causes it?

Around the Network

I beleive it is a power supply failure, that what I heard anyway.

OT: It sucks dude, call Sony, get a new one.

Wait a minute, didn't you say in the OP that it turns on on the second try?

ithis said:
Wait a minute, didn't you say in the OP that it turns on on the second try?

Thats true he did,  so if thats the case, back up your gamesaves,  deactivate your account, then call Sony

'i turn on the system yhe light turn green for 3 seconds then stars to flash red then yellow then red again and shuts down is that better'

I doubt he can get in, And if u can GET IN AND BACKUP UR SAVES NOW!

Its kinda dead, I took out my HD it didnt change anything. I let it cool down for 3 days it didnt change anything. My final guess = Power supply is raped as u can hear the fan turn on when u press it but it just cant boot up (power SUPPLY failure) im pretty sure thats it. You played soo much it blew up, Kidding XD.

Anyhow send it to Sony and since u got it xmas u should still have the warranity. Its 1 year I belive, Here in sweden it doesnt matter if my 1 year has passed xD, I belive I still can complain for like 3 years.

Just look at it this way:
Give it in, Get another years warranity, And boy ull be SOOO tempted to play. I havent been able to get on mine for like 5 days im dieing. PC gaming FUCKING SUCKS, Been playing Source for a while now Gahhh Im so tempted to play MGS4 legends of wrestlemania and KZ2 :(...

SO yeah its not dead, just in a coma.

Around the Network

YLOD ( Yellow light of death )

You know there are a few that has been able to actually fix it by replacing the power supply with a compatible one... Since my dad knows shit like this im gonna ask him when he comes back.

Yellow light? you shoiuld of said that in the first post. I think ure screwed, try a system recovery if that don't work you'll have to get it fixed by Sony.

im going to send it to sony to get fix thanks for the help guys