By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Bioshock update: it is stoppable!

but it really isnt lazy, they released a fantastic final product, and them not fixing every bug does not make them not professional (yes double neg)

Every game will always need a fix after its release, some will some wont release it on patches, thankfully the guys at bioshock are professional enough to do it

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

okay, let's agree then that it isn't "lazy", wow, battle of semantics, wonderful. I still think its "Lazy" but since you seem so bothered by that nit-picky figure of speach then perhaps conceding to it will bring us one step closer towards achieving resolution.

The fact remains a patch of any kind was released. Which is SLOPPY!!! It is UNPROFESSIONAL!!! And surprise, surprise, if proper testing was done would have been found out and fixed prior to release. Gee, I wonder how many Western developed games have needed patches vs Japanese developed games. I guess patches are just a cultural thing over here right? It's not as if Western development teams are infamous for being a bunch of small mixed-experience do-everything-yourself groups of individuals who operate out of basement-esque establishments, no not at all. No, they're obviously only the highest grade of professional AAA developers in the world, Japan wishes they had developers like ours.

Tangents and rants aside though, the bottom line is you're buying an incomplete product, spin that however you want, but that's what boils us.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Yes i agree, but what im saying it is it possible to find every glitch and bug?

that i dont know, why i dont think they were being lazy, i have no clue if its possible then yes, if not no.... because every game will ahve a glitch which makes every game maker unprofessional

Yes it could be considered incomplete, but again what in this world IS complete? (terms of computer stuff)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Lost tears of Kain said:
but it really isnt lazy, they released a fantastic final product, and them not fixing every bug does not make them not professional (yes double neg)

Every game will always need a fix after its release, some will some wont release it on patches, thankfully the guys at bioshock are professional enough to do it

Actual there were quite a few points in the game where I saw strong evidence of lazy level designers.  The most obvious one would be when you go visit the wharf master.  Before you enter that place you have to give up all your weapons with the promise you get them back later.  Normally I really don't care since you still have your plasmids but what sucked about this was that you don't get all your ammo back (this part really pissed me off).

So why is this evidence of a lazy level designer?  Because to take away weapons is just a simple function.  To give you back weapons is another simple function.  To give back the number of ammo requires another 30 minutes work and bothering a programmer who does at most an hour of work.  Lazy.

And my function in threads isn't to give bad news, it is just often more interesting than the good news.  We hear in every thread about the wonders of Bioshock.  I find it more fun to find the flaws and how to improve them. 

true twestern but every game will have lazy work in it, every game, and its sad it shows in games that are of bioshocks caliber, but im just stating that bioshock is like every other game, its not perfect, and i dont know of a game that will be..

wii fanboy: SMG will!

360 fan: halo 3 will disown you!

ps3 fan: just you wait till next year! We might finally have a game worth stating this.....

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:

ps3 fan: just you wait till next year! We might finally have a game worth stating this.....

Heh, that actually made me giggle mainly because of the last line. 

And yeah, the only reason that piece of lazyness sticks out so sorely in my mind is because it pissed me off so much.  Before going into the wharf I completely explored the area, killed everything, picked up all the ammo, and even spent a good deal of money buying ammo only to have it all wasted.  Usually lazy spots don't stick out so much like that but that one was pretty inexcusable.

twesterm said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Heh, that actually made me giggle mainly because of the last line. 

And yeah, the only reason that piece of lazyness sticks out so sorely in my mind is because it pissed me off so much.  Before going into the wharf I completely explored the area, killed everything, picked up all the ammo, and even spent a good deal of money buying ammo only to have it all wasted.  Usually lazy spots don't stick out so much like that but that one was pretty inexcusable.

yea, i had so much cash usually i just bought my ammo

least it gave you a decent ammount of ammo

I haven't played Bioshock yet so I will wait till they fix that patch. But I really do what to play that game. But....I guess I can wait......O_O