By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Gaming Character would ever stand a chance against Kratos.

I think if Link gain more muscle, he could probably beat Kratos.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I say let's wait a few years. See what Naruto learns in the meantime.

Hmm, according to this, Q appears in a video game (of sorts). So I guess, Q can beat anyone, except he most probably would not. Instad, he would pitch them against each other, or against 10 versions of their worst enemies or something.

ithis said:

Hmm, according to this, Q appears in a video game (of sorts). So I guess, Q can beat anyone, except he most probably would not. Instad, he would pitch them against each other, or against 10 versions of their worst enemies or something.

Eh

Giygas would kick the ass of that entire race

I searched for this Giygas character of yours and I have to disagree. I mean, he uses machines, was raised by someone at one time, and according to the info I read "Giygas is an evil alien who intends to sentence all of reality to the horror of infinite darkness".
Well, Q doesn't need to intend on anything for longer than it takes to make up he's mind about it.
Also, it says here that he needs to prepare for the invasion of earth... Nah, he's nowhere near the league of an omnipotent being.

Around the Network

^agreed the only thing that can stop a q is another q

ithis said:
I searched for this Giygas character of yours and I have to disagree. I mean, he uses machines, was raised by someone at one time, and according to the info I read "Giygas is an evil alien who intends to sentence all of reality to the horror of infinite darkness".
Well, Q doesn't need to intend on anything for longer than it takes to make up he's mind about it.
Also, it says here that he needs to prepare for the invasion of earth... Nah, he's nowhere near the league of an omnipotent being.

Giygas did all of those things when he was still capable of - well - thinking.

Giygas as he exists in EarthBound is more of an omnipresent evil force whose very existence affects the fabric of reality around him. People become overpowered by their own dark thoughts, animals go berserk, and even inanimate objects are granted life by the influence that Giygas has, even when he's in another dimension of reality altogether. Yes, he does have an army, but that was built when the Devil Machine was beeing used to contain his power - when it was flipped off, his mind basically ate itself, and he became capable of destroying all of reality.

The heroes of EarthBound are four children who are enlightened in the sense that the Buddha is enlightened (though they all have different angles of enlightenment - Ness' power comes from an understanding of himself, Paula's from God, Jeff's from a scientific understanding of the workings of reality, and Poo from the understanding of the mu) - and they don't understand the first thing about Giygas. They can't comprehend him when he takes any actions, they can't even comprehend the affects that he has on them. He can cause instant death and nobody will even know why.

In his youth when he was being raised by Maria it is arguable that he wasn't omnipotent, but ever since that point the only weakness he's had is what remains of the human emotion he learned from his surrogate mother. Nothing else can harm him - nothing else can even touch him.

There's a reason he's called the "Universal Cosmic Destroyer". Hell, even Kefka wouldn't be able to go head-to-head with Giygas and win.

Hm, weird guy this Giygas, only, I guess one can't call him/it guy. Well anyway, at least Q can think :)

That is very true - the Q can definitely think better than he can.

But they'd both kill Kratos pretty badly.

Unless Kratos summoned a tornado on top of the Q's house.

He'd have to be a Q for that himself, or for another Q to help him, which, judging by the number of beings that are intent on helping Kratos, might happen in .. I'd say GOW 5 :P.