By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Most evil man: Adolf Hitler or Osama Bin Laden?

Hitler is definately worse than Bin Laden. And I'd say he was slightly more evil than Stalin, he pretty much made it his life's work to exterminate millions of people. Whereas with Stalin, it was more out of fear/paranoia as someone mentioned earlier.

Around the Network

Rolstoppable,

Hey I'm bringing up someone that screws with me on a daily basis.

Neron was just as bad as those two. But if we were to broaden the term to the most evil entity in history, my guess would be Godfrom the Old Testament. You won't find a bigger killer than him.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

http://listverse.com/history/top-10-most-evil-men/

According to this list Stalin is the Number 1 most evil man in history. Number 2 on the list is Adolf Hitler

People aren't *evil*. At least not universally.

But... since we're on the subject... a little research will tell you Mao Zedong is by far the ...most evil... leader. He killed
A) More people than Stalin or Hitler through his leadership (And they were Chinese, not foreigners... the people under his charge)
B) He did it for nothing. He had a series of misguided economic plans aimed at either increasing industrial production or protecting factories that cost millions of lives. Many of these plans just got abandoned partway through.

Around the Network

Osama is a child in comparison to Hitler. Hitler was a political genius, this allowed him to do practically everything he wanted. He however is not the most evil man to ever live, Stalin is arguably worse, beyond that I'd need to research it.

yanamaster said:
Neron was just as bad as those two. But if we were to broaden the term to the most evil entity in history, my guess would be Godfrom the Old Testament. You won't find a bigger killer than him.

Nero wasn't so much evil as an incompetent and greedy fool, similar to Commodus.

If the contemporary accounts are correct then the most 'evil' of the Roman emperors would probably by Caligula, but its quite plausible that those accounts are badly biased.

Rath said:
ssj12 said:

Well someone knows his history. And I believe Hitler lost his mind somewhere along the way.

Still his hatred of "Jews" is also contributed to his mother, if i remember right, because she was of Jewish faith. I think she beat him as a child because he refused the religion. So his hate for it spiraled out of control and turned into the Holocaust.

Ya, A-bomb + A-bomb = a level of genocide that topped Hitler.

Yes much of the blame for WWII can be placed on the allies, WWII however isn't the atrocity in this.

Also Hiroshima and Nagasaki were massacres of civilians and Nagasaki at least possibly unnessecary to their aims but they were not genocide and they most certainly did not top Hitler. There was no attempt to destroy a certain group of people.

All and all Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the best course sadly.   There was no indication the Japanese even wanted to surreneder.  The one who did surrender was the emperor who was usually overruled by the "Big 5" who did not want to surrender.  They wanted the country to go down fighting.

The emperor wasn't able to make his move until Nagasaki was hit.

Had we stopped at Hiroshima.  They wouldn't of given in.  The russians would of invaded from the north.  The US would of invaded from the south... and Japan would  of became like Korea.

No economic miracle... no nothing really.  Japan would of been screwed... millions would of died.

People who think Nagasaki may have been pointless are people who don't actually look at the history and just say "Hey come on.  They're A-bombs they had to give up!"

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Marx never hurt anybody.

Communes work great. Communist dictatorships don't. Marx wanted the workers to own the means of production. He didn't want dictators to murder the masses, invade territories at random, and censor the whole internet. That's kind of the exact opposite.

That's not how the communist manifesto reads.

ssj12 said:
super_etecoon said:
ssj12 said:
psrock said:
ssj12 said:
I really dont consider Adolf really that evil... his goal was for the greater good of German. Which really he was somewhat successful at doing. Yes the way he did that was cruel but there has been cruelty beyond his level in the past.

wtf are you talking about. The man tried and nearly wiped a whole group of people. If that's not evil, i don't know what is.

trust me, Julius Caesar and any many others in history were worse. Napoleon Bonaparte wasn't the greatest man in history either.

Matt....what Hitler did was evil. I don't care if there were more evil men in history, but for you to say he wasn't "that evil" and was justified by his intentions is disturbing. That you seem to agree that it was for the "greater good of German[y]" is even more so.

Yes what he did was wrong but overall he was trying to create the greatest nation in the world for his people. His intentions were good but his actions were plain evil. Massive genocide is pretty damn cruel, but it is still happening today in many counties. It is wrong but unlike the armies trying to take over other countries for their own personal gain, Hitler was trying to make his country safer and more stable for his citizens. (Note: You seriously need to watch some of the documentaries on this..)

Now tell me this. During WWII while Hitler was doing his deeds, how do you view the United States of America's actions taken against American of Japanese decent? While the intent was to protect the masses we detained millions of Japanese Americans and Japanese tourists in prisons not much better than what Hitler's best camps were. And yes, we did let them die from illnesses without any help.

There is evil throughout the world. While actions speak louder than words, the actions of an individual like Hitler is just as evil as plenty of people throughout the history of the human race.

People often gave Hitler gifts, I guess that's what they did back then.

Anyway, I saw a video of a little boy giving him his only possession, his pet cat. Hitler took the cat, looked at it, snapped it's neck, and handed it back to the boy.

Yea, Hitler cared about his people.