By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mad World, WTF happened!?!?!?!

Seriously, what the F#%K happened, it's sales are poor.

I know it's a new IP, but it was a game targeted towards the hardcore, it was a game that was meant to appease the bitching harcore gamers on the wii, it was a game that from what I saw had a decent amount of hype, and reviews loved it.

Sega tried it's best and what does it get in return, a massive turkey slap to the face, whiling being sodomised from behind.

Honestly, with a 50million install base, one would expect this game to do ok sales wise, well enough for Sega to have a return on it's investment, but at this rate, Sega is just gonna have a sour taste in their mouths for a long time to come, which is sad really seeing as the game is very cool.

Perhaps Ubi has hit the sweetspot with the Wii userbase, and although most of us think a majority of there game on the wii are crap, there's no denying that they are making tons of money, and after what happened to sega, it wouldn't surprise me that they'll follow in ubisoft foot steps...kinda sad though.

I suppose the excuse that other developers use, keeps getting re-enforced each time a hardcore game is released and fails sales wise....it's like a vicious frigging cycle......but I suppose that the reality is that the majority of wii owners are indeed the casuals who find more value in buying carnival games than they do buying SSBB, and I saw this with my own eyes.

Perhaps, the Conduit will change things, but if it fails just as mad word did, then it's essentially a nail on the confine for hardcore games on the wii....perhaps though...the conduit may be a success sales wise, and it could usher in a new wave of succesful hardcore wii games (excluding Nintendo games cuz we know they all sell well)....I suppose time will tell.

I know allot of you, if not the whole of VG will label me a troll or even a flamer, hell I may even get banned for putting my honest opinion out there, but regardless of this, one can not deny that it's a real shame that the games we like, like mad word, aren't selling as they should on the winning console thus far.

You are all free to post your opinions, so get to it!!!

Around the Network

oh, and if people question me....yes I do own a wii, in fact at my house their are 2 wii's.

At least wait for official first month NPD numbers. Let's not jump the gun here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ITs Sega + Clover Studios...both used to be critical success but commercial FAILURE!

Nothing really different from the ordinary.

we have to wait until the price tag becomes reasonable.If i were interested in a wii game i wouldnt pay full retail price.

Around the Network
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
we have to wait until the price tag becomes reasonable.If i were interested in a wii game i wouldnt pay full retail price.

that logic actually works across every single video game on the planet that's not already 20-25 bucks though.

Blood and narratives where every other word is of the "4-letter" variety aren't exactly commonly loved themes, and I have to say that I'm fairly certain that the primary demographic for that stuff isn't exactly a match-made-in-heaven for the Wii.

Some people love that stuff. Most don't. Put it on the family-friendly Wii -- effect exaggerated.  The numbers seem completely logical to me.

I actually think it'll do decently, lifetime.  Like 300K or so.  That's not bad, considering its environment.

I personally love the genre... I even liked Golden Axe: Beast Rider, and Conan, as well as the recent Wii Rygar.  MadWorld?  Nope.  Not worth my time.  Yeah I know it got good reviews.  I'll watch Heavy Metal again, instead.  More appealing to me, for some reason.

Meh. This game really isnt that great. Anyone who was able to see through it is smart. Its a fun game but not worth $50. I doubt too much money went into this game anyways. They'll easily make a profit when all is said and done.

Just because this gamed was aimed at the enthusiasts doesnt mean it HAS to or WILL sell. Its not that great. Also new IP is a bitch to sell. Then again Bioshock/Gears of War and others say otherwise. Then again those are shooters. Because Mirror's Edge with a ton of advertisement flopped. Then again no 3rd Party Wii game will ever get the amount of hype that a HD game will unless its 1st party.

In the end I dont care. People can bitch but nothing DESERVES to sale. This game didnt appeal to a lot of people and it wasnt that fucking amazing.

The Wii is probably going to end up like the PS2 where a lot of good games are over looked unless they have a big name attached to it. Really, this is just No More Heroes all over again. Whether that's a good or bad thing I'll leave for someone else to decide.

CIHYFS?

I don´t think people understand how incredible niche Madworld really is. I consider myself a hardcore player and I own the the game but I can see why most players wouldn´t be interested in Madworld. All the game is about is murdering people in the most gory fashion possible for gods sake.

MadWorld wouldn´t have sold millions regardless of what system it was on. It´s not about the quality of the game or Wiis casual audience, there just isn´t enough bloodthirsty psychopats (joke) in the world to make it a hit.