By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories announced for Wii

Soma said:
I think this are good news (if it's for real), but I'm just worried is for PSP too.

Well, according to this rumor, the game will also appear on PSP. And if you head over to the official site, you can see that the developer have two projects in development, one for PS3/Xbox 360, the other for PSP/Wii.

Around the Network

wow this is sooo scary.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Zones said:
Soma said:
I think this are good news (if it's for real), but I'm just worried is for PSP too.

Well, according to this rumor, the game will also appear on PSP. And if you head over to the official site, you can see that the developer have two projects in development, one for PS3/Xbox 360, the other for PSP/Wii.

Yep, it's for PSP too, and that's what worries me. I want a game that makes good use of the Wiimote. Hope this will bethe case.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Found courtesy of NeoGAF:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=77624

-The Wii Remote is used to aim the flashlight

-Streaming environments that completely eliminate load times

--The developer wants the game to be as immersive as possible. "When you want to check on something in the environment, for example, you simply fix your view on it rather than press a button, and instead of text appearing on screen, Harry comments vocally." (MARl0 note: This sounds really awesome!)

-The static noise comes out of the Wii Remote now.

-Combat has been completely removed from the game. "Instead, you have no choice but to flee, which proves considerably more terrifying."

-Once the monsters see you, the chase is on. "Holding Z button makes Harry get the lead out, and during the getaway, you can barge through doors, climb over fences, jump through windows, and so on. You can even barricade doors behind you with a bookshelf or whatever else might be handy. The static gets louder as the monsters close in, and while Harry is running, you can look back over his shoulder. Watching these abominations leap over cars and crawl along the rooftops as they relentlessly pursue our hero had us on the edge of our seats." "To be clear, these chase sequences aren't quick-time events; you have full control over Harry and can choose whichever path you see fit to his destination." "The monsters will take alternate routes to try to cut you off, and they'll use their numbers to flank you whenever possible."

Combat has been completely removed from the game. "Instead, you have no choice but to flee, which proves considerably more terrifying."

Combat has been completely removed from the game.

Assuming these new details aren't just an April Fool's joke, this can be either very good or very bad, depending on how it's handled...

That sounds awesome.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

"Combat has been completely removed from the game."

:(

This is unfortunate, as far as I´m concerned.

I don't know how the no combat thing will work. This is pretty tempting though. Guess I'll have to buy a Wii if this is true.

JGarret said:
"Combat has been completely removed from the game."

:(

This is unfortunate, as far as I´m concerned.

Like I said, it might be, or it might not be. Ever played the Clock Tower series? It had a similar mechanic, which really emphasized the "horror" portion (something that few survival-horrors do nowadays). If done properly, this could work similarly.

My only concern is that things not get too repetetive: a chase sequence now and again is cool, but it might to get mixed up a bit. Perhaps, since you're already unarmed anyways, they inserted some stealth portions as well? We'll see soon enough.

Note: edited in this portion, which I originally omitted:

-The developer wants the game to be as immersive as possible. "When you want to check on something in the environment, for example, you simply fix your view on it rather than press a button, and instead of text appearing on screen, Harry comments vocally." (MARl0 note: This sounds really awesome!)

A running and hiding horror game? Fuck yeah! I'm definitely on board now.

They should put weapons in the game, but they're only useful as tools or for stunning/distracting monsters. So your snub-nose .38 can either buy you a couple of seconds to get the hell away from a monster or it can shoot out a plate-glass window to give you a new escape route, for example.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.