By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Race: Pick your winner for the following critera

Round 1) Which happens first in Japan - Wii hits 2 million, 360 hits 400,000 or PS3 hits 1 million. Place your bets. I say Wii hits 2 million in 3 weeks. 360 hits 400,000 in 10 weeks. PS3 hits 1 million in 11 weeks. Round 2) GTA on PS3 and 360. Which version sells better? Round 3) If Wii passes 360 in 2007, what will be the number sold when the passage occurs? When will the passing occur? I say October 1. 3 weeks after the release of either Smash Brothers or Galaxy in Japan...at around 13/14 million units. Round 4) Which hardware sells more this year? 360? PS3? I say PS3...but not by much..and only because of 60-80k more sales in Japan/month than 360. Final Round: Guess the five best selling games by platform over the nov-dec. North America Wii - Super Smash Brothers Brawl Super Mario Galaxy DDR: Hot Mix Wii Health Red Steel 2 (except it's good this time) PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4 GTA Assassin's Creed Madden Killzone... Xbox 360 - GTA Halo 3 Assassin's Creed Banjo-Kazooie... Madden Europe: Wii - Brawl, Galaxy, Wii Health, Pokemon, DDR 360 - GTA, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Banjo, Bioshock PS3 - MGS4, GTA, Assassin's Creed, Killzone, Singstar..? Japan: Wii - Brawl, Wii Health, Wii Music, Galaxy, DDR PS3 - MGS4, Heavenly Sword, RE5?, Tekken?, GT? 360 - A.S.H., Blue Dragon 2??, Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, GTA

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Round 1) Which happens first in Japan - Wii hits 2 million, 360 hits 400,000 or PS3 hits 1 million. Wii will hit 2 million first because it's closer and sells better. Round 2) GTA on PS3 and 360. Which version sells better? 360 version, the 360 is cheaper and has sold way more consoles. Round 3) If Wii passes 360 in 2007, what will be the number sold when the passage occurs? When will the passing occur? Worldwide or US? US, then never the 360 will be #1 this gen in america and as for worldwide...not this this year, Japan sales are slowing for the wii and the 360 has better titles, IF it does it will be next year. Round 4) Which hardware sells more this year? 360? PS3? 360. The PS3 costs to much in america and is getting doubled up over the past 3 months and got outsold in January. At the PS3's price unless it lowers it, the system will be wasted in 3rd. Worldwide, wait until the euro launch of the ps3, Japan alone isn't enough to push ps3 above the 360 as the 360 will make up bad Japan sales in us sales. So unles the ps3 kicks ass and takes names in europe, the 360 will stay on top. If the PS3 can make a fight out of it in Japan the 360 could very well win this entire gen!

I doubt Wii can catch 360 in North America. I say it outsells it abit most months, but never enough to catch up within 3-4 years. A 3.5 million lead is huge, although I think in Japan Wii will have that kind of lead over 360, if not more, by the end of 2007...Europe could be different, 360 sales are weaker, while Wii sales are similar to N.A...I could see Wii roughly tying 360 in 2-3 years in Europe.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said: I doubt Wii can catch 360 in North America. I say it outsells it abit most months, but never enough to catch up within 3-4 years. A 3.5 million lead is huge, although I think in Japan Wii will have that kind of lead over 360, if not more, by the end of 2007...Europe could be different, 360 sales are weaker, while Wii sales are similar to N.A...I could see Wii roughly tying 360 in 2-3 years in Europe.
The 360's sales are roughly better than the XB, but I don't now it's monthly sales so I can say how well it's doing now.

TheSource said: I doubt Wii can catch 360 in North America. I say it outsells it abit most months, but never enough to catch up within 3-4 years. A 3.5 million lead is huge, although I think in Japan Wii will have that kind of lead over 360, if not more, by the end of 2007...Europe could be different, 360 sales are weaker, while Wii sales are similar to N.A...I could see Wii roughly tying 360 in 2-3 years in Europe.
Possibly, but we won't get a more solid idea of how things can stack up until the Wii's initial supply

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

[quote] TheSource said: I doubt Wii can catch 360 in North America. I say it outsells it abit most months, but never enough to catch up within 3-4 years. A 3.5 million lead is huge, although I think in Japan Wii will have that kind of lead over 360, if not more, by the end of 2007...Europe could be different, 360 sales are weaker, while Wii sales are similar to N.A...I could see Wii roughly tying 360 in 2-3 years in Europe. vanguardian1 said: Possibly, but we won't get a more solid idea of how things can stack up until the Wii's initial supply

1) wii will hit 2m in 3 weeks 2) xbox gta will sell better cause there are more people with xbox360 3) if the wii really pass the 360 than i say it will happen in december - i think that many people will buy a wii for christmas cause of the price 4) 360 will sell more hardware than ps3 - ps3 is too expensive 5) top games: GTA - 360 & ps3 Halo 3 - 360 Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Wii

1. Wii will hit 2 mil first. 2.360 Version because it sells better in America and more people here have 360's. 3.If the Wii can pull it off it will be because parents are buying their kids the cheap system for christmas, so i wouold say around late december probably the 31st lol. 4. 360 hands down, unless the PS3 does a price drop, it's just to many games already out and coming out that's making people want the 360, plus Sony needs some good press because i know at least 10 people who want one, but buy because of what they have heard. Now I know the 10 people i know doesn't matter but if it's 10 people out of every 100, that's alot of units that doesn't get sold(not saying that that many don't want a PS3 i'm just giving a example). 5.Wii:Brawl, Prime(if it comes out),Galaxy, Wii Health,Wii Music PS3:MGS 4, GTA, Killzone(if it comes out) 360: Halo 3, GTA,

1. Wii 2. 360 version solely due to a larger market. 3. November 2007 @ 12m 4. 360, PS3 won't start to consistantly outsell 360 until end of this year. 5. Too much time to think about.

1) Wii 2) 360 3) Will not happen this year 4) 360 5- 1) Xbox 360 - Halo 3 2) Wii - Super Mario Galaxy 3) Xbox 360 - GTA 4) Xbox 360 - Assassin's Creed 5) Some Unknown title

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)