By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Slim firmware already hacked

Hus said:
Sony should just hunt down that trash and destroy them, sue them and their faimiles for all they got.

Stealing games is NOT cool!!!

If the PSPSlim ended up unhackable... it would just not sell. Period.

Sony should release a "completely open" PSP (without the disc drive), ala a PC.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I can't understand how piracy kills the PSP but at the same time helped the PS2 a LOT... really...

gamingdevil said:
I can't understand how piracy kills the PSP but at the same time helped the PS2 a LOT... really...
I don't think it was piracy that killed the PSP - it was more the price and the game selection.

What other explanations do you have for the pathetic PSP software sales?

If you actually look for the games, you'll find them. But people seem comfortable to stick to what they believe and keep repeating: oh no psp games, such a shame...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

You guys realize that most of the people who buy PSP's buy them because emulators are so easy to use on them. PSP's are easily hackable.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

ckmlb said:
If you actually look for the games, you'll find them. But people seem comfortable to stick to what they believe and keep repeating: oh no psp games, such a shame...

Yeah, ur probably right. I prefer doing that than playing with a system i bought for 269 Euros at launch and have spent about 800-900 euros for it. 

Alexie Di Onie said:
You guys realize that most of the people who buy PSP's buy them because emulators are so easy to use on them. PSP's are easily hackable.

Id bet my nuts that 90% of psp owners dont even know WTF a emulator is.

I am going to get one of these soon, as soon as I get a hold of the SonyStyle.com credit card I got.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@ Hus: Yeah I´d bet your nuts your right, even people who are up to date and know their way around the internet will sometimes have no idea what emulation is. A while ago a friend of mine who is very skilled with a PC saw me play Street Fighter 2 and almost freaked out. I really think the PSP has some great games out but they don´t appeal the handheald customer as much as DS games, that and the fact that its a great multimedia player are the reasons it sells so little sofware IMO. Piracy is a bad thing for sure but it is for every system, it will not break a system however. In europe and the U.S. there are way to few people who really know about it. In my town (more than a million people live here) there is only one mod shop and they have to get customers from all over germany per mail to get by.