By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you pro-choice or pro-life?

The Fury said:

@Xxain
Rape is the is one of the single most important things for me in this arguement. Because here is the key fact, it's wasn't the woman's choice to begin with.

In Roe v Wade, didn't Roe lie about being raped? I think she later admitted that.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
Tyrannical said:
The Fury said:

@Xxain
Rape is the is one of the single most important things for me in this arguement. Because here is the key fact, it's wasn't the woman's choice to begin with.

In Roe v Wade, didn't Roe lie about being raped? I think she later admitted that.

I've no idea what Roe v Wade is.

Hmm, pie.

Pro-choice.

zexen_lowe said:
Pro choice. I think that a fetus is not alive, thus it's not murder, and that an unwanted baby is most likely to don't live a good life. Thus, in my eyes, abortion should be a choice

I am pro-life. But, zexen what you said in the bolded part doesn't really make sense (at least to me). You are saying that because his life will suck, you will kill him to spare him.

Why do you get to decide that? Maybe you would choose not but you shouldn't decide for someone else. Not to mention his life could not suck.

I get that you say this because you think it's not alive, so you are not killing anything. But, to me, how can we hear a baby's heartbeats, a mother can feel the baby's kicks and that not be considered alive simply because he is inside of the mother.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Xxain said:
I dont understand, I cant wrap my head Pro Choice...

To many pro-choicers a fetus is not alive, therefore aborting it is not murder or anything even close to murder and as such its ok. When you look at a fetus as being essentially a collection of cells without any of the things that make a human human such as the ability to think, relate and recognise then it makes perfect sense that said fetus should be able to be aborted.

I can see the pro-life side where they do see the fetus as being human and as such do not think that it makes perfect sense that said fetus should be aborted, usually due to the belief in a soul (which makes a person a person right from the start).

@Tyrannical. An ad hominem attack on Roe and the founder of Planned Parenthood doesn't actually change their message, no matter how flawed they were it does not make their message flawed.

(post made while very drunk so any spelling or logical mistakes I'll fix in the morning and anything thats insulting I'll apologise for)

Around the Network

Lifer.

I am pro-choice

The Fury said:
Tyrannical said:
The Fury said:

@Xxain

Roe v. Wade legallized abortion in America by the Supreme Courts ruling in favor of Norma McCorvey - a woman claiming to be pregnant by rape.

One should also note that the McCorvey never actually had an abortion herself, after the rulling. She kept the child.

She is now a pro-life advocate after working on the pro-abortion side of things for many, many years.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
The Fury said:
Tyrannical said:
The Fury said:

@Xxain

Roe v. Wade legallized abortion in America by the Supreme Courts ruling in favor of Norma McCorvey - a woman claiming to be pregnant by rape.

One should also note that the McCorvey never actually had an abortion herself, after the rulling. She kept the child.

She is now a pro-life advocate after working on the pro-abortion side of things for many, many years.

Okay... fair enough. Don't understand how that affects my point by thanks for the info mrstickball.

Hmm, pie.

I think I'll clarify my point of view a bit.

Personally I'm pro-life but society-wide I'm pro-choice.

I think I'd never have an abortion if I was a woman but I think its each mother's (and father's) own choice. Personally I wouldn't want to violate the rights of an unborn child but I also don't want to violate the mother's personal rights, either.